Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will TSO tour this year?
(06-15-2017, 07:37 AM)sundance7490 Wrote: I agree with Lalbright. That's been the big thing on my mind is that even skipping one year can throw off the entire operation because of the musicians, singers, road crew, everyone on both sides. TSO was a guarantee for the past seventeen years that it would tour every winter so people made their schedules open in November, December, and even the beginning of January. That, in my eyes, brings an end to Trans-Siberian Orchestra as we know it with the east and west groups if even one year was skipped. Heck, it wouldn't just bring down the operation, it would more than likely downsize it as well (which I don't see as a bad thing personally... less is more for me). If the band does continue to tour after a hiatus, it'll be only one group.

Gosh, I hadn't even thought about the support staff!
The TSO organization made it official today that they are touring this year and bringing back the show that they have done the last couple years, Ghosts of Christmas Eve.
(06-25-2017, 06:42 AM)danfromnj Wrote: The TSO organization made it official today that they are touring this year and bringing back the show that they have done the last couple years, Ghosts of Christmas Eve.

Yea!  We took this past year off in order to see the Brian Setzer Orchestra.  Will definitely be back to TSO in 2017.

I would guess that the future of the show depends on the family and the main characters (Jon, Al, etc.) who have been instrumental in its success.  I have no clue who organizes the massive number of details and logistics it takes to make the tours happen, but I assume a lot of people have a vested interest in keeping this thing going.
I'd be quite pleased to hear of some TSO veterans being brought back into the band. Not just Bob Kinkel, who cofounded the whole mess but may have also been Paul's first protégé, but also any of the "tenured" singers they had that are still on good terms with members of the band and its managers.

Not every new performer that TSO has debuted over the past few years has been a knock out of the park, and few of the good ones they have found have been in TSO long enough to reassure the fans of TSO's continued longevity. Bart Shatto and Jennifer Cella would be a good starting point for that.
(07-03-2017, 01:28 AM)Sabotage Wrote: I'd be quite pleased to hear of some TSO veterans being brought back into the band. Not just Bob Kinkel, who cofounded the whole mess but may have also been Paul's first protégé, but also any of the "tenured" singers they had that are still on good terms with members of the band and its managers.

Not every new performer that TSO has debuted over the past few years has been a knock out of the park, and few of the good ones they have found have been in TSO long enough to reassure the fans of TSO's continued longevity. Bart Shatto and Jennifer Cella would be a good starting point for that.

I can't lie and say I wouldn't want to see my Mark Wood and Anna Phoebe back the most. I love me my Asha though. Roddy's okay.
(06-27-2017, 01:38 PM)SkyDiver Wrote: Yea!  We took this past year off in order to see the Brian Setzer Orchestra.  Will definitely be back to TSO in 2017.

I have heard fun things about the Brian Setzer Christmas shows.  Last year I saw TSO and The Wizards of Winter.  Definitely want to see The Wizards again (they have such a great Christmas-themed concert) but not sure about TSO. I might try to squeeze in Setzer this year if I can swing it. I'm excited that TSO chose to tour this year but not thrilled with the Ghosts show yet again.

(07-03-2017, 01:28 AM)Sabotage Wrote: I'd be quite pleased to hear of some TSO veterans being brought back into the band. Not just Bob Kinkel, who cofounded the whole mess but may have also been Paul's first protégé, but also any of the "tenured" singers they had that are still on good terms with members of the band and its managers.

I wouldn't mind seeing those two and some others back.  I get the feeling that TSO like to bring in this new (and probably cheaper) talent to achieve the look they want. And judging by the 2016 newbies, they seem to scour the international scene quite a bit lately.
AFAIK he wasn't crucial to the logistics, but replacing David Z is going to suck. He and Chris always seemed to have a great friendship onstage.