Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Winter Tour
I'm not so much worried about the venues they'll be playing as much as this new form of registration for the pre-sale. It's not looking very promising. I really don't want to wake up two to four hours before pre-sale wondering if I got the code/text or whatever they're talking about and then scramble around trying to figure out if I can even get decent seating.
Yeah, that's a less than attractive prospect. It has all the makings of a real cluster f*ck.
I wonder if Nassau Coliseum got more expensive to rent? I thought I read several years back that MSG's most-recent renovation made booking it incredibly expensive..
(08-17-2017, 03:56 AM)sundance7490 Wrote: I'm not so much worried about the venues they'll be playing as much as this new form of registration for the pre-sale. It's not looking very promising. I really don't want to wake up two to four hours before pre-sale wondering if I got the code/text or whatever they're talking about and then scramble around trying to figure out if I can even get decent seating.

Totally agree with this. I applaud them for trying something new to curtail scalpers, but having to depend on that code showing up the morning of the sale....ugh. Their presales are typically pretty messy but this is worrisome. You know its gonna get to 10AM and some won't have been verified and/or gotten the code. Should be interesting.
(08-17-2017, 08:23 AM)danfromnj Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 03:56 AM)sundance7490 Wrote: I'm not so much worried about the venues they'll be playing as much as this new form of registration for the pre-sale. It's not looking very promising. I really don't want to wake up two to four hours before pre-sale wondering if I got the code/text or whatever they're talking about and then scramble around trying to figure out if I can even get decent seating.

Totally agree with this. I applaud them for trying something new to curtail scalpers, but having to depend on that code showing up the morning of the sale....ugh.  Their presales are typically pretty messy but this is worrisome. You know its gonna get to 10AM and some won't have been verified and/or gotten the code.  Should be interesting.

If it was a mess before (I never had problems before) it's going to be a hot mess this year lol
I've never had problems in the past but I expect things to go downhill this year.
I've luckily mostly avoided pre-sale issues, but every year something happens (system crashing, etc) that makes a mess of things. This added level of security ought to be fun. I talked with a friend who tried this pre-sale system with Shinedown a couple of times and he said it never worked right - either he got the code and couldnt get a ticket or never got the code.

Someone from TSO's management posted this in a Facebook discussion about the codes and new system:

"Even if a person does not come up as a scalper or a bot, usually there is an overabundance of people registering for the pre-sale, so then the system randomly selects from the pool of non-scalper people as to who gets codes."

So I guess we have to a) hope there is not "an overabundance of people registering for the pre-sale" and b) hope we get selected from that pool to get a code.
(08-18-2017, 02:54 AM)danfromnj Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 03:56 AM)sundance7490 Wrote:

Someone from TSO's management posted this in a Facebook discussion about the codes and new system:

"Even if a person does not come up as a scalper or a bot, usually there is an overabundance of people registering for the pre-sale, so then the system randomly selects from the pool of non-scalper people as to who gets codes."

So I guess we have to a) hope there is not "an overabundance of people registering for the pre-sale" and b) hope we get selected from that pool to get a code.
Very concerned with how this is going to play out. I've gotten our family tickets thru the presale for years & years now. Sure don't wanna get shut out!!!!
There is a huge lack in Canadian dates (none there) sad to see that I hope they come back next year, Montreal / Ottawa / Toronto