Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Group Goes Where?
Hello all TSO fans! This will be my 10th year in a row seeing TSO, but I have a question. The 1st 9 years we always saw the East Coast Group, but last year in Indianapolis we had the West Coast Group. I have looked everywhere and even tried to message a band member several times about which group goes where. We really like Chris and the East Coast Group and want to make sure we go where they are this year. Anyone know how to find this out??? Thanks in advance!
Chris Caffery posted this:

[Image: 20841804_10156516950719368_1558467846330...e=59EF6C1D]
Awesome! Thanks Chris! Tried messaging you since last year we saw the West Coast Group in Indy several times but I'm sure you can answer everyone - now I know we will see your group this year! Looking forward to my 10th year in a row! Btw, why did we get the West Group last year in Indy if I may ask, we always had your group...
(08-18-2017, 03:06 AM)DrGamer Wrote: Awesome! Thanks Chris! Tried messaging you since last year we saw the West Coast Group in Indy several times but I'm sure you can answer everyone - now I know we will see your group this year! Looking forward to my 10th year in a row! Btw, why did we get the West Group last year in Indy if I may ask, we always had your group...

Not Chris, but sometimes I think they just shuffle some of it up. Cincy used to always be the West group but has been East the past several years much to one of my best friend's dismay. Lexington has always been East to the best of my knowledge. And L'ville could be either one - we've seen both groups there. (And yeah, my husband & I are like you. We prefer East over West. The West musicians are amazing but the East group just has so much more ENERGY!)
Its wasn't Chris posting I realized after I already posted - but at least now we can be sure to see the East Group. And totally agree with you - love the East Coast Energy!
One year I was able to West in Louisville, and then East in Cincinnati...that was pretty cool! I liked seeing the differences and that was a show I really liked.
(08-18-2017, 03:06 AM)DrGamer Wrote: Awesome! Thanks Chris! Tried messaging you since last year we saw the West Coast Group in Indy several times but I'm sure you can answer everyone - now I know we will see your group this year! Looking forward to my 10th year in a row! Btw, why did we get the West Group last year in Indy if I may ask, we always had your group...

Tour routing, building availability, etc, all play a role. Some states (WI, IL, IN, KY, TN, GA) often flip flop. Florida is a whole different conversation. For the last few years West has played the Atlanta area in conjunction with Florida dates, but it is East this year, even though West is in Florida. I have seen East do Chicago many years and even Milwaukee at least once. Again, tour routing, building availability, etc.