Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where can I see Who is playing what show?
Sorry, it might have been asked before...

I am coming to Chicago, flying in from Germany and would really like to see JSS singing but he's not playing the east, right?

Thanks for helping me out!
(11-09-2017, 05:37 AM)gust_power Wrote: Sorry, it might have been asked before...

I am coming to Chicago, flying in from Germany and would really like to see JSS singing but he's not playing the east, right?

Chicago is getting the West cast this year:

Al Pitrelli and Angus Clark on guitar
Johnny Lee Middleton on bass
Jane Mangini and Vitalij Kuprij on keys
Blas Elias is on drums now that they have replaced John O'Reilly
Asha Mevlana on electric violin

Vocalists are JSS, John Brink, Dino Jelusic, Mats Leven, Andrew Ross, Chloe Lowery, April Berry. Rosa Laricchiuta, Ashley Hollister, Jodi Katz
Narrator is Phillip Brandon
(11-09-2017, 05:37 AM)gust_power Wrote: Sorry, it might have been asked before...

Oh good. I'm so happy Chicago's getting the west this year. It has flip-flopped before and even last year it was east but 2015 it was west. I would've hated to think you flew all the way to Chicago from Germany and JSS wasn't there! But thrilled to hear Europeans are coming all the way to enjoy TSO. Did you get to catch them a few years ago when they made their Europe tours??
(11-09-2017, 02:02 PM)danfromnj Wrote:

Chicago is getting the West cast this year:

Al Pitrelli and Angus Clark on guitar
Johnny Lee Middleton on bass
Jane Mangini and Vitalij Kuprij on keys
Blas Elias is on drums now that they have replaced John O'Reilly
Asha Mevlana on electric violin

Vocalists are JSS, John Brink, Dino Jelusic, Mats Leven, Andrew Ross, Chloe Lowery, April Berry. Rosa Laricchiuta, Ashley Hollister, Jodi Katz
Narrator is Phillip Brandon

Hey danfromnj,

Do you know why John O'Reilly was replaced?  I'm no expert on drumming, but he seemed to do just fine back there twirling those sticks...

I'm seeing them in two days.
(11-18-2017, 05:11 AM)SkyDiver Wrote: Hey danfromnj,

Do you know why John O'Reilly was replaced?  I'm no expert on drumming, but he seemed to do just fine back there twirling those sticks...

I'm seeing them in two days.

You are correct - O'Reilly was doing just fine. TSO never officially comments on why they let someone go, so there is no public answer to your question.
We're going to the Dec 17th show here in Tampa. Does anyone know of anything "special" planned to honor Paul O'Neill? Any tribute artists attending? Which group will be doing the show, East or West?

Thanks!
(11-22-2017, 10:46 AM)RickInTampa Wrote: We're going to the Dec 17th show here in Tampa. Does anyone know of anything "special" planned to honor Paul O'Neill? Any tribute artists attending? Which group will be doing the show, East or West?

Thanks!

Haven't seen anything about a special thing planned, but if they were to do a special one-time event like they did for Pediford, I would guess the Tampa or the NJ Show would be the place for it.  Currently they are dedicating their performance of "Safest Way into Tomorrow" to him and are prompting the audience to hold up their phones.
(11-22-2017, 10:46 AM)RickInTampa Wrote: We're going to the Dec 17th show here in Tampa. Does anyone know of anything "special" planned to honor Paul O'Neill? Any tribute artists attending? Which group will be doing the show, East or West?

Thanks!

West group. Dan answered the rest.