Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last year for Ghosts of Christmas Eve Show?
From a new article/interview with one of TSO’s managers:

Night Castle and the O'Neills are also discussing which direction TSO's 2018 tour should take. Lind is coy on whether TSO will commemorate the 20th anniversary of the group's sophomore album, The Christmas Attic, or their 20th year as a touring entity. “We're having those conversations, but the answer hasn't come yet,” he says.

Full article: https://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/n...liday-tour
(02-03-2018, 10:41 AM)danfromnj Wrote: From a new article/interview with one of TSO’s managers:

Night Castle and the O'Neills are also discussing which direction TSO's 2018 tour should take. Lind is coy on whether TSO will commemorate the 20th anniversary of the group's sophomore album, The Christmas Attic, or their 20th year as a touring entity. “We're having those conversations, but the answer hasn't come yet,” he says.

As much as I've been wanting The Christmas Attic to come back so badly, I think it might be inappropriate to bring it back for the 20th touring year. Possibly moreso than when they did Ghosts the 2nd time for the 20th anniversary of the band when we were promised something special. Wouldn't it be smarter if they did Christmas Eve? We haven't seen that one for the past seven years and it WAS the very first one they performed. But at the same time they did perform that one 13 years in a row and we only got Attic once. Who knows what's most appropriate. What do you guys think?
(02-03-2018, 04:41 PM)sundance7490 Wrote:
(02-03-2018, 10:41 AM)danfromnj Wrote: From a new article/interview with one of TSO’s managers:

As much as I've been wanting The Christmas Attic to come back so badly, I think it might be inappropriate to bring it back for the 20th touring year. Possibly moreso than when they did Ghosts the 2nd time for the 20th anniversary of the band when we were promised something special. Wouldn't it be smarter if they did Christmas Eve? We haven't seen that one for the past seven years and it WAS the very first one they performed. But at the same time they did perform that one 13 years in a row and we only got Attic once. Who knows what's most appropriate. What do you guys think?

In my opinion, and this is just an opinion, I thought the "Christmas Attic" was the best show out of the 4 different musical presentations that TSO has done. I did enjoy my first TSO concert that was in 2004 in the small theater setting of CEAOS and that was my favorite of all of them. It was the year before they went to the big arenas. But with the CA, my wife and I were really surprised and impressed on how they brought it to life because before that show it was my least favorite of the trilogy but now I put it equal to CEAOS which has always been number one to me. Hope to see the CA or CEAOS this season if there is a tour.

if they dont mark the 20th year touring with the return of CEAOS they clearly dont have a clue. they already blew it by letting the 20th anniversary of the albums release go by unnoticed.
(02-10-2018, 02:09 AM)Savage_Dreams Wrote:

if they dont mark the 20th year touring with the return of CEAOS they clearly dont have a clue. they already blew it by letting the 20th anniversary of the albums release go by unnoticed.

You are right on. I was surprised they let the 20th anniversary of CEAOS slip by with out doing something really special...maybe you're right on somebody not having a clue. I think most everyone was hoping and expecting something big to commemorate CEAOS and then it did not happen. Awesome reply S-D.
Am I the only one who wants the Last Christmas Eve back?
(02-13-2018, 11:22 AM)DarkMacek Wrote: Am I the only one who wants the Last Christmas Eve back?

Do you mean The Lost Christmas Eve? I for one thought that "The Christmas Attic" should have been brought back for a second year or three. When they brought back "The Lost Christmas Eve" for a second go around that is the only show I purposely skipped. Out of all of the TSO presentations that was my least favorite, in fact I thought BLN was better than TLCE. This is just my opinion and I know many that loved TLCE and I do not begrudge anyone at all for their opinions. I am hoping for CEAOS for this season.
(02-13-2018, 12:22 PM)JustTimTheBigTBone Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 11:22 AM)DarkMacek Wrote: Am I the only one who wants the Last Christmas Eve back?

Do you mean The Lost Christmas Eve? I for one thought that "The Christmas Attic" should have been brought back for a second year or three. When they brought back "The Lost Christmas Eve" for a second go around that is the only show I purposely skipped. Out of all of the TSO presentations that was my least favorite, in fact I thought BLN was better than TLCE. This is just my opinion and I know many that loved TLCE and I do not begrudge anyone at all for their opinions. I am hoping for CEAOS for this season.

There were plenty of casual fans turned off by the story presented for TLCE.  Lots of voices saying it was extremely depressing.

Personally I find the story ridiculous, but the songs are great.
(02-13-2018, 11:46 PM)KISSAlien Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 12:22 PM)JustTimTheBigTBone Wrote:

There were plenty of casual fans turned off by the story presented for TLCE.  Lots of voices saying it was extremely depressing.

Personally I find the story ridiculous, but the songs are great.
I wouldn't claim to be a "casual fan", more like "rabid fan" is how I would define myself. My wife and I just thought the presentation of TLCE was "darK" if any word could describe it. And yes it was depressing. The music as usual was awesome but there was just this bad vibe going on from it...dark and when we walked out from it we were trying to figure out what we just saw in terms of the story line...somewhat disturbing.
I meant Lost Christmas Eve, yeah. 

I guess it is a sad story. But that's my favorite set of songs, except maybe CEAOS