Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Dragons?
Can anyone tell me why TSO concerts have dragons in them? Dragons don't seem to have anything to do with Christmas as far as I can tell.
(02-14-2018, 06:23 AM)iamericlentz Wrote: Can anyone tell me why TSO concerts have dragons in them? Dragons don't seem to have anything to do with Christmas as far as I can tell.

Are you sure they don't LOL?  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3918686/

Only the first half of the show is a Christmas story, the seconds half is a rock concert. As to why they use them, I never really thought about it, but maybe it's an homage to their Savatage roots (see Poets and Madmen).
TSO is really a fantasy/power metal band disguised in tuxedos for Christmas. They couldn't make any money the other way so the joke is on all of us.
(02-14-2018, 06:23 AM)iamericlentz Wrote: Can anyone tell me why TSO concerts have dragons in them? Dragons don't seem to have anything to do with Christmas as far as I can tell.

Because weed is legal in some states? Really, I have no clue either, especially during a Christmas show and I don't know where the dragons fit in to the season. Maybe there was a little Puff the Magic Dragon influence going on? And we all know Paul was prescribed a couple of different opioids so that may have helped in that decision...we'll probably never know. I am in no way trying to imply that Paul was some sort of addict and that all ideas were his, but I do know about pain killers and their effects on the mind and the way we think...been there done that and I am breaking free of that.
Because they're cool?

I don't recall lasers having anything to do with Christmas, either.
(02-19-2018, 03:37 AM)DarkMacek Wrote: Because they're cool?

I don't recall lasers having anything to do with Christmas, either.

Or provocative dancing, or hydraulic lifts, or giant video screens, or....I hear you. Like you said "they're cool."