Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Savatage 'Treasures From the Past' Sweepstakes
A pretty cool contest for Savatage fans:

http://savatage.com/contest

[Image: EMP-Giveaway-Graphic.jpg]
Neat contest! They are not real specific with what the winner gets, but it sounds cool.
Why is the web presence of Savatage, TSO and all the related boards so poor?  Sad

Anyway, nice find.  This is from the terms of the contest:

Quote:Prizes: Winners will receive a rare Savatage Vinyl LP or CD. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Savatage, Inc. to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
(05-19-2015, 04:43 AM)admin Wrote: Why is the web presence of Savatage, TSO and all the related boards so poor?  Sad

even with the reunion at wacken savatage is pretty much a dead band, not sure what web presence you want from them.

TSO used to have a pretty cool message board, but you would have ask danfromnj about that one. Wink
(05-19-2015, 11:06 AM)Savage_Dreams Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 04:43 AM)admin Wrote: Why is the web presence of Savatage, TSO and all the related boards so poor?  Sad

even with the reunion art wacken savatage is pretty much a dead band, not sure what web presence you want from them.

TSO used to have a pretty cool message board, but you would have ask danfromnj about that one. Wink

Even the TSO Express board this time of year would essentially wither up, prior to it's demise.   The Yahoo D-group site is also dying on the vine.  It will be interesting to see if things pick up here once Wacken gets closer and TSO dates are  announced.  I think it will.  Then pre-sales, then the tour.    The Facebook page popping up after the Express Site was shot down kind of made it a new "one stop shopping" for TSO fans and soccer mom's alike (not a dig on soccer moms,  I am married to one!)!  Facebook is convenient though.  Do I prefer it?  No, I am not a huge fan of that format for band discussion and I am a bit of traditionalist.  Shoot, I used to have Prodigy dial-up in the early to mid-90's for band/music discussion.

Anyways, once Wacken and TSO tour dates release gets close we need to start recruiting people here again.  Like I said, I think it will pick up then.

even with the reunion at wacken savatage is pretty much a dead band, not sure what web presence you want from them.

Who, me? Wink

Yeah, that message board was good times - and informative! Seems hard to peel folks away from the Facebook groups and discussion of Dave Z's biceps or Joel Hoekstra's hair. lol
(05-29-2015, 01:33 AM)danfromnj Wrote:

Who, me? Wink

Yeah, that message board was good times - and informative!  Seems hard to peel folks away from the Facebook groups and discussion of Dave Z's biceps or Joel Hoekstra's hair. lol

Like I said before... Facebook has it's place, it really does.   I actually get most of my news from there now.  However, people want to make a quick "like",  short post and move on.  It's the easy peasy,  I want it now mentality so many have.   This is more conducive to discussion.   Not 200 people crying how Joel didn't make a worldwide announcement yet on not touring with TSO this year (I may have exaggerated a bit on that number, but you get my point?).  The guy has a chance to play with WHITESNAKE... get over it people!   Anyways, I figured a lot of the regulars from the Express site would show here, but that hasn't happened... yet!   We'll see once the "season" rolls around.