Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Old City Bar - the fast version
Steve Broderick, who sang Old City Bar for the TSO East tour from 2000 through 2009, has recorded a "fast" version.  Strictly tongue-in-cheek, I believe.

Steve writes:

Twas the month before Christmas and all through the arenas
"It's too slow, pick it up" I could hear some screamers
So I hope that this version that jacks up the pace
Brings some cheer to your mood and a smile to your face
It's from love and respect that's important to say
and to you and your families have a Merry Christmas Day

https://stevebroderick.bandcamp.com/trac...y-bar-fast
This made me laugh. Old City Bar is my second favorite song of TSO (Believe is first) and this just proves that no matter what speed it is at, its still amazing! Thanks for sharing this Dan!
(12-23-2015, 05:51 AM)danfromnj Wrote: Steve Broderick, who sang Old City Bar for the TSO East tour from 2000 through 2009, has recorded a "fast" version.  Strictly tongue-in-cheek, I believe.

Steve writes:

I love OCB slow fast whatever. I was hoping to hear it in 2016. The medium is the message: If you want to arrange it-This world you can change it-If we could somehow make this Christmas thing last-By helping a neighbor-Or even a stranger-And to know who needs help-You need only just ask.
My favorite song! but the video is down now. I wish I could have heard it. I thought for sure they would bring it back when they started the "Ghost...and best of" tours. How does this not fit in with the best of part? Even though I didn't like the slowed down hobo version it was a fan favorite of the live shows just the same.
Video may be down, but the audio is still up here....this still makes me chuckle

https://stevebroderick.bandcamp.com/trac...y-bar-fast
(12-23-2015, 05:51 AM)danfromnj Wrote: Steve Broderick, who sang Old City Bar for the TSO East tour from 2000 through 2009, has recorded a "fast" version.  Strictly tongue-in-cheek, I believe.

Steve writes:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...is it over yet?
(04-27-2018, 10:43 PM)JustTimTheBigTBone Wrote:

Steve writes:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...is it over yet?

Should rename it "Old Shi__y Bar" and do a little rewording for comical effect...Maybe Weird All could do something with it?