Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raleigh 2023
Some quick notes on last night's Raleigh show:

• PNC Arena now charges $40 to park, even for events like Disney on Ice and hockey games.  Who are they kidding?  You can pre pay online for $30.  Make that $33 - don't forget those fees!  You can also park across the street at a school for free but it is too damn cold for all that walking.  So I started off on a sour note since I hate being gouged for parking. 
  • Once again, the sound is so shitty.  Low, no balls, no bass, no crunch.  I don't know if it is just this arena but it ruins the show. 
  • I am mostly there for Savatage stuff, being a lifelong fan.  There were a few 'tage moments but it's never enough.  
  • No meet and greet.  I think they stopped doing it during Covid and it never returned. 
  • It was great to hear Queen of the Winter Night live again which has to be very challenging to sing.  Cool new visual too which I will not spoil.
  • There was also a new visual on the back of the floor.  Something new to burn but I am not sure where it fits in.  Will not spoil!
  • My girlfriend and I were the only two losers with Savatage shirts.  Very light crowd.  Lots of grandparents and grandkids. 
  • We saw lots of people leaving early.  I think many left during singer intros thinking this was the end of the show.  Checking Reddit's TSO page, this is apparently common.
  • Based on the charity check, they sold less than 11,000 tickets.  PNC claims to hold 20,000.  Assume 1/3 is closed off since it is behind the stage, it does not sound like a sell out.  Most seats filled up eventually except for the ones on the extreme sides of the stage.  If I go again, I will sit there. More breathing room and a fresh perspective.  
  • This show was centered around that terrible Hallmark movie which makes me cringe. 
  • The huge nutcrackers with TSO hats were cool but they should sell them at the merch table.  Lost opportunity. 
  • They started at 7:15 and ended at 9:30, perfectly choreographed to the second. 
  • I feel like a spoiled asshole being bored with these shows but... I am.  They really invest in the visuals while the sound and setlist is flat.  

Messages In This Thread
Raleigh 2023 - by admin - 12-15-2023, 02:08 AM
RE: Raleigh 2023 - by TheBigTBone - 12-19-2023, 03:59 AM
RE: Raleigh 2023 - by fraroc - 12-23-2023, 10:24 AM