Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guy LeMonnier talks TSO, Kings of Christmas, more in new interview
what are these big productions you keep mentioning about savatage? they barely made enough money to even stay on the road, lol.

i remember paul saying somewhere, and i wish i could remember where, maybe an early tv appearance, (its been a long time so im waaay paraphrasing here): he wanted to combine music so strong it didnt need words, and words so beautiful they didnt need music. and that really shows in the first 4 albums. then the big show took over. he really needs to go back to that and forget about the lasers so bright you dont need a band.

for me, while i like some stuff on night castle, it in no way has the same magic as the first 4 albums. you can really tell when the focus shifted from the music to the "show".

and ill speak as a musician on this part, sure everyone loves to get up on the biggest stage possible sometime in their life. but most musicians will tell you those shows go by in a blur. the best memories and the shows they remember are usually the small ones where you really connect with the crowd. ive heard this from many musicians.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guy LeMonnier talks TSO, Kings of Christmas, more in new interview - by Savage_Dreams - 02-13-2015, 10:31 AM