Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Def Leppard/Styx/Tesla Summer 2015
Well.... another summer... another "co-headline" tour. Last summer Kiss and Def Leppard toured on what actually turned out to be a really great show and pairing (opener Kobra and The Lotus were great as well). However, I still felt a bit cheated because of what I paid to get two abbreviated greatest hits sets. I get it, I understand, a lot of these bands can't sustain a successful large scale tour anymore on their own. Maybe it is time some of these bands start scaling down down their productions and play smaller venues? Take Def Leppard for instance. They don't have to hit the House of Blues circuit, but they are not selling out MSG or even coming close to selling it out anymore. There are smaller arenas they can play. I think it may also have to do with all of the shed shows they play during the summer. Live Nation guarantees, etc.

Not sure I am going to bite on this pairing though. I still think Lep is great but it is borderline painful to hear Joe Elliot sing these days. Styx I love even more. However, as good as Lawrence Gowan is, he is no Dennis DeYoung. To me... Styx aint Styx without Dennis. We gave them a shot back in 2003 and my wife and I left a few songs early. I saw Styx twice with Dennis and the vibe was just not the same with Lawrence. Tesla are intriguing because they are one of my top 5 bands that came out of the 80's. However, with them 3rd on the bill I am sure they won't get more than an hour.

Messages In This Thread
Def Leppard/Styx/Tesla Summer 2015 - by Kissguy1973 - 02-14-2015, 12:05 AM