Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Def Leppard/Styx/Tesla Summer 2015
(03-02-2015, 10:53 AM)Kissguy1973 Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 12:59 AM)Savage_Dreams Wrote:
(02-24-2015, 09:12 AM)Kissguy1973 Wrote: I vowed to never see Crue again after '06.  Vince's voice was awful back then.  I would go more for Alice but he is playing a really short set like when he was with Maiden a few years back.  Now THAT was an awesome, yet odd pairing.

eh...., vinces voice has always been fairly awful live! and cooper, as a support act... not cool. id rather see him in a smaller venue headlining.

thats what i dont get about these packagae deals. fans get excited to see them doing whatever they need to do to play bigger venues, but i would rather see these kinds of bands in a smaller venue, especially if it means the headline. nothing like a theater show!

Cooper definitely I would rather see in a theater setting 1 or 2,000 seaters.  His show is more suited for that.

Again though... not a fan of the package/co-headline gigs.  Been suspect of it since the Kiss/Aero tour in '03.  Something like the Monsters of Rock Tour (VH, Scorps, Metallica,Dokken, Kinggdom Come) back in '88 ?  That was killer.  Even the Metallica/GNR stadium tour in '92 (BUT they each played FULL sets).  None of this 75 minute greatest hits b.s.!

So... I ended up pulling the trigger on the Lep/Styx/Tesla package. Mainly for my 10 y.o. son who proclaims Lep his favorite after TSO. Plus I have been into Styx lately even with Gowan who has grown on me over the years. Tesla being one of my fave bands in high school sealed the deal. Great package... at least that's what I am convincing myself for $125 a ticket to sit/stand in the sweltering Tampa heat!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Def Leppard/Styx/Tesla Summer 2015 - by Kissguy1973 - 06-13-2015, 11:08 AM