Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Def Leppard/Styx/Tesla Summer 2015
(08-20-2015, 02:33 AM)Von Halen Wrote: Tesla never fails to put on a good show.

A lot of the singers are at less than full capacity with their voices these days, but there's just something about being there for a live show, that helps me overlook the less than stellar singing. I did recently see Judas Priest, and I have to say, Halford absolutely brought it. His voice is still great. (feel free to insert jizz joke here!) Big Grin

I agree with the shortened setlists on the packaged tours. I'd much rather go see a band in a smaller venue, and get to hear a full setlist.

Tampa ended up being an OK show looking back on it, BUT there was a pretty wicked electrical storm that cancelled Tesla and shortened the Styx set (only 7 songs played). Plus not that Steve Brown didn't do a stellar job, but Vivian's presence was missed as he was missing from the first 2 shows of the summer tour. In hindsight the show just had a weird vibe. Even my 10 year old son said Lep were better the previous summer. I think they were hungrier because they were opening for Kiss. Now that I think of it, we spent nearly $300 on the two tix, another $200 for a hotel across from the amphitheater, another $100 on food, gas, and incidentals. Plus 8 hours travel round trip. Yeah, I don't even think I got a reach around on this one. It is what it is though, can't control mother nature and it was time spent with my son!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Def Leppard/Styx/Tesla Summer 2015 - by Kissguy1973 - 08-21-2015, 07:41 PM