Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Wizards of Winter (with TSO alumni) - 2015 News & Tour Dates
(10-20-2015, 04:18 AM)admin Wrote: You obviously can't trademark a "sound", but WOW... this is the most blatant copy of TSO I have ever heard.  That's not necessarily a bad thing but I might be a little pissed if I was one of the founders of TSO.

I'm a fan of these guys, and I agree to a certain extent. They obviously have been influenced by TSO - they after all were huge TSO fans and started out as a TSO tribute band - and yes, they work with many former TSO performers. But I don't hear them as a copy. Especially not this new song - the songs that TSO put out there that were this catchy and hooky are few and far between, imho.

But even if you hear them as a copy, I agree that it is not a bad thing. Their self-titled album released last year gets as much listening time with me as the TSO classic Christmas albums - and I expect this new one to fit right in there as well. If TSO is done making great Christmas music, I am glad these guys are doing it just as well.

(10-20-2015, 04:18 AM)admin Wrote: Maybe they should have treated some of their band members better? Smile

I agree.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Wizards of Winter (with TSO alumni) - Big News & Tour Dates! - by danfromnj - 10-21-2015, 01:58 AM