Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Speculation about tours present/future
This has been a big speculation for me for a while about what Paul O'Neill's ideas for TSO were. But my "idea" of what was going to happen seems to have been sped up a little bit.

As we all know, TSO toured "Christmas Eve and Other Stories" for 13 years in a row before switching to "The Lost Christmas Eve" in 2012 for two years. But what I thought would happen when they made the switch over to "The Christmas Attic" was that they would do that album for two years before doing something else. But to my surprise, they've skipped it for this year (and probably forever)!! Any thoughts on why they did this? I thought TCA was an absolutely beautiful story and worked amazing on stage, especially with the amazing trunk (which I predicted would be a centerpiece). Though it did feel a bit more subdued for TSO compared to the other two albums as far as the music is concerned. Like they were tryng to go bigger but the music was not as epic nor as versatile as all their other albums.

Obviously "Ghosts of Christmas Eve" is meant to be a best-of TSO, just as the PBS special was. But my real question leads from this. Because what I really feel GOCE really is is a way to skip TCA this year and do something else.

My speculation is that for the big 20th anniversary of their first album CEAOS is that they'll bring that one back for 2016. But my ultimate question... What do they do after that?!?! I'm anxious for them to tour Night Castle but obviously that can be done just the way they did Beethoven's Last Night, which is anytime during the year. But what about the Christmas tour? I can't even speculate what they will do after that. If they might end doing the Christmas tour and just tour anytime during the year, I'm very curious to see what they will do. It's hard to believe they would give up the bread and butter (we know the Christmas tour makes the big bucks) of the band but you never know. What do you guys think?

Messages In This Thread
Speculation about tours present/future - by sundance7490 - 10-24-2015, 05:05 PM