Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Speculation about tours present/future
(01-19-2016, 03:22 AM)Lmy3887 Wrote: I don't see an end to the TSO winter tour, that is where they make their money. If the crowds dwindle, I could see them cutting back on the number of cities they hit or possibly only doing one touring group again. My guess for next year is the same, I think they will bring back Christmas Eve and Other Stories. I really hope they do since it is my favorite story line. Maybe by 2017 they'll have some new material to do? Or possibly just a straight out concert, I know Paul has mentioned that he would like to do that in a few interviews.

I think this year was about as close to a "traditional" concert we will see in terms of TSO, for the Winter tour at least. Meaning something that is not "album-centric" as in doing the story of CEAO, CA, or TLCE. This last one was essentially a "greatest hits" show under the Ghosts title.

What's nice is that now they have 4 different Winter Tour stories that they can rotate in and out every few years and do so successfully. I remember in 2012 when they made the jump to TLCE that it was like taking a leap of faith. Nobody really knew how the casual fan was going to react. Then after 2 years of TLCE they said, "Hey, why not try The Christmas Attic". Personally, I thought The Christmas Attic was great and would have loved another year of it!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speculation about tours present/future - by Kissguy1973 - 01-19-2016, 04:33 AM