Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raleigh show notes
I was pretty let down by this year's show as well. It was really nice to have the CEAOS story again, even if it meant losing the incredible Christmas Dreams. However, the story portion of the show is becoming about the only portion of the set I really enjoy. Their non-Christmas albums had their moments of greatness, but I feel like the Christmas trilogy exists in a league all its own and is what people really come to see. I remember just how much of a beast the Christmas Jam/Siberian Sleigh Ride duo was from TLCE tours, and the second half of this year's set needed something with that intensity BADLY. I also think that Faith Noel would make for an amazing opener regardless of what story is being told, and it would do a better job of setting the stage for the Christmas-related story to follow. My wife, who has come with me to every show since I moved to Florida (the first year of TGOCE), asked why they kept opening with the number they did. It's fun from an effects perspective, but as a song, at least to me, it's not super engaging.

As for the performances themselves, I wish they'd loosen up a bit. Many of the songs were played way too slow, especially the Angel numbers, and it gets to the point where the tediousness of just getting through the song detracts from the display of talent of the performers. I also wish they'd let the performers loosen up a bit and come off less scripted and more genuine, as I think that combined with tempo would give the show more energy without depriving the performers of a chance to showcase their talent.

I do always enjoy seeing them, but having done it so many times, it's reaching the point where it's taking on a tiresome nature instead of being the spectacular entertainment I know it can be. TSO is packed with a lot of great people, great talent, and great material, and I'd like to see them put some life back into things.

Messages In This Thread
Raleigh show notes - by admin - 11-22-2019, 04:07 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by KISSAlien - 11-22-2019, 05:26 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by admin - 11-22-2019, 06:16 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by danfromnj - 11-22-2019, 07:12 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by TheBigTBone - 11-24-2019, 02:21 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by KISSAlien - 11-26-2019, 03:42 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by TheBigTBone - 11-29-2019, 02:21 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by admin - 11-24-2019, 02:41 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by TheBigTBone - 11-24-2019, 06:23 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by hollywoodswag - 12-17-2019, 04:25 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by fraroc - 12-25-2019, 12:46 PM