Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOCE DVD songs and narratives
Are the songs that Jewel and Michael Crawford sing on the DVD available anywhere? I would especially like to have Jewel's. Also, wasn't there a different version of Dream Child with a different singer than what's on Christmas Attic? A remake of Heal My Soul was out also on a Walmart CD or something. Are any of these available digitally?

I know that Beethoven and Lost Christmas Eve and even Streets have narrated versions. Were there any others?
(12-16-2017, 12:04 PM)Flyer Wrote: Are the songs that Jewel and Michael Crawford sing on the DVD available anywhere? I would especially like to have Jewel's. Also, wasn't there a different version of Dream Child with a different singer than what's on Christmas Attic? A remake of Heal My Soul was out also on a Walmart CD or something. Are any of these available digitally?

I know that Beethoven and Lost Christmas Eve and even Streets have narrated versions. Were there any others?

I'm not sure about a few of these things but Dream Child was re-recorded in 2010 by Tim Hockenberry. Beautiful new version but I love the original too. The Christmas Attic also has a narrated version that is available on youtube. I think Night Castle is the only rock opera that hasn't been narrated yet.
(12-16-2017, 02:18 PM)sundance7490 Wrote:
(12-16-2017, 12:04 PM)Flyer Wrote: Are the songs that Jewel and Michael Crawford sing on the DVD available anywhere? I would especially like to have Jewel's. Also, wasn't there a different version of Dream Child with a different singer than what's on Christmas Attic? A remake of Heal My Soul was out also on a Walmart CD or something. Are any of these available digitally?

I'm not sure about a few of these things but Dream Child was re-recorded in 2010 by Tim Hockenberry. Beautiful new version but I love the original too. The Christmas Attic also has a narrated version but it was only re-released in 2014 to coincide with the tour. But it is available online on youtube. Also CEAOS of course. Night Castle's the only rock opera that hasn't been narrated yet.

Thanks. I checked out the youtube thing. That sounds like somebody just took the live narration and mixed it with the album. Doesn't work very well. It's okay if you want to hear the story, but not like the others.
You know what? You're right. I remembered reading that Attic had had a re-release with a narrated version but I guess just Lost and BeethovenĀ are the only albums that have been narrated. That's what I get for getting my information from wikipedia haha.

The Jewel and Michael Crawford songs are only available on DVD.

Dream Child (2010) was available on the TSO collections available thru Lowe's and Kohl's in 2013. Both are easy to find on Amazon.

There is also a narrated version of Christmas Eve and Other Stories. It's hard to find and not cheap if you do. Russell Horton is the narrator.
(12-19-2017, 04:09 AM)KISSAlien Wrote:

Dream Child (2010) was available on the TSO collections available thru Lowe's and Kohl's in 2013. Both are easy to find on Amazon.

There is also a narrated version of Christmas Eve and Other Stories. It's hard to find and not cheap if you do. Russell Horton is the narrator.

Thanks. Now I will be forever trying to find it. lol
(01-04-2018, 09:49 AM)Flyer Wrote:

Anyone familiar with the narrated version of Streets. I see it out there but usually hails from Europe (most often Germany). Is the narration in English? Is the DVD for all regions? I assume its in English but more concerned with the DVD. Can't find anything that says what region or whatever.
(01-27-2018, 04:20 AM)Flyer Wrote:

Anyone familiar with the narrated version of Streets. I see it out there but usually hails from Europe (most often Germany). Is the narration in English? Is the DVD for all regions? I assume its in English but more concerned with the DVD. Can't find anything that says what region or whatever.

The narration is in English. The DVD would not play in my DVD player (I'm in the US) but it does play on my laptop. My DVD player is pretty old though.
(01-27-2018, 04:20 AM)Flyer Wrote:

ive seen the dvd listed on amazon as being PAL/region 2, but you cant always trust the region listings there. it plays just fine on my blu ray player, and i know for a fact none of my PAL/non-region 1 dvds play on it, so the dvd must be region free.
(01-27-2018, 04:33 AM)KISSAlien Wrote: [quote pid='1476' dateline='1516990838']

The narration is in English. The DVD would not play in my DVD player (I'm in the US) but it does play on my laptop. My DVD player is pretty old though.

[/quote]

Sorry, my bad. My DVD plays fine. It was the one in Still the Orchestra Plays that has the issue. That's Region 0.