Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Savatage stopped by TSO's management
A lot of this has been known for a while - but rarely spoken of in public.  Former Savatage singer posted this on facebook

[Image: v2yskRS.png]
Who is running the show with Paul's passing? I always assumed it was Jon Oliva. I also assumed (make no assumptions) that he would want Savatage to live on. If he doesn't, then Chris Caffery at least claims to be proud to be associated with the band.

None of them are getting any younger and I really wish they would do a couple of dates for a last shot reunion tour but the chances seem to be getting slimmer. TSO just makes too much money and I guess that is their focus. Savatage never made a cent...
(04-11-2019, 11:24 AM)admin Wrote: Who is running the show with Paul's passing?  I always assumed it was Jon Oliva.

I believe Oliva and Pitrelli have the most input when it comes to the musical and presentation end of things.  Manager Adam Lind is in charge of the bigger picture and the business side of things.  Paul's widow, Desiree, is now the president of TSO, Inc., Night Castle Management, Inc., and all of the other corporate entities that Paul had involved in owning and running TSO. Paul's 21-yr old daughter, Ireland, is "involved" but I don't know how much and to what extent.

(04-11-2019, 11:24 AM)admin Wrote: I also assumed (make no assumptions) that he would want Savatage to live on.  If he doesn't, then Chris Caffery at least claims to be proud to be associated with the band.  

None of them are getting any younger and I really wish they would do a couple of dates for a last shot reunion tour but the chances seem to be getting slimmer.  TSO just makes too much money and I guess that is their focus.  Savatage never made a cent...

I think the Savatage fans want the band to live on and have more shows.  There are certain members of the band that absolutely want that as well.  And....the opportunities to tour and record are certainly there for them.  But unfortunately, it is not up to Savatage nor its band members.  Even if Jon wanted Savatage to live on, it is not his decision to make.

Former Savatage keyboardist John Zahner posted this, which sums it up pretty well:

[Image: pMvPO2Z.png]
(04-11-2019, 11:15 PM)danfromnj Wrote:
(04-11-2019, 11:24 AM)admin Wrote: Who is running the show with Paul's passing?  I always assumed it was Jon Oliva.

I believe Oliva and Pitrelli have the most input when it comes to the musical and presentation end of things.  Manager Adam Lind is in charge of the bigger picture and the business side of things.  Paul's widow, Desiree, is now the president of TSO, Inc., Night Castle Management, Inc., and all of the other corporate entities that Paul had involved in owning and running TSO. Paul's 21-yr old daughter, Ireland, is "involved" but I don't know how much and to what extent.

(04-11-2019, 11:24 AM)admin Wrote: I also assumed (make no assumptions) that he would want Savatage to live on.  If he doesn't, then Chris Caffery at least claims to be proud to be associated with the band.  

None of them are getting any younger and I really wish they would do a couple of dates for a last shot reunion tour but the chances seem to be getting slimmer.  TSO just makes too much money and I guess that is their focus.  Savatage never made a cent...

I think the Savatage fans want the band to live on and have more shows.  There are certain members of the band that absolutely want that as well.  And....the opportunities to tour and record are certainly there for them.  But unfortunately, it is not up to Savatage nor its band members.  Even if Jon wanted Savatage to live on, it is not his decision to make.

Former Savatage keyboardist John Zahner posted this, which sums it up pretty well:

[Image: 2s8h10k.png]

Looks like they are willing to leave money on the table. As far as i can tell TSO makes them little money outside of the winter. Since it seems there is no interest in touring BLN again or doing a Night Castle tour it would make sense to have Savatage do a spring/summer tour or some festivals to bring more gold to the empire. It would certainly be a cheaper tour to send out. Too bad.
...but why? Why would their management company NOT want Savatage to live on, or let their offshoots cover their music?
(04-13-2019, 11:07 AM)admin Wrote: ...but why?  Why would their management company NOT want Savatage to live on, or let their offshoots cover their music?

Great question. Paul owned the Savatage name and brand and wanted TSO to be the only outlet for Savatage music. Not sure who exactly owns Savatage now - some combo of his widow/daughter/management, I presume. And it seems that the current owner still feels the same way as Paul about this.

I am not saying this makes sense - years are going by as the band is prevented from playing out or recording. From the fans and band perspective, it is really sad and frustrating. But it somehow makes sense to the folks who own the band.
New interview with Zak Stevens where he again explained the current situation with Savatage:

"I have no decision power when it comes to Savatage. If it was up to me or any other band member, we would be together again and playing. Savatage is owned by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra (TSO), and it is the managers who make all these decisions. It's common for people to ask me 100 times a day about it. Unfortunately, I have no voice in this decision, but we always hope to receive the call ..."

https://80minutos.com.br/interview/58