Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's on 2019 East Tour?
I am wondering who is on the TSO East entourage for 2019. Is Russell Alan coming back or is Caleb taking over the reigns? Is the new guy going to be the one to sing "Believe" this tour? Lots of questions and no answers. Just wondering.
I am betting the new guy will sing “Old City Bar” for one of the casts. Caleb is coming back.
(08-16-2019, 04:45 AM)danfromnj Wrote: I am betting the new guy will sing “Old City Bar” for one of the casts.  Caleb is coming back.
I know a lot of people despise OCB but I like it. I hope they are brining it back. Are they bringing back Christmas Eve and Other Stories? Would love to see that again...thats where it all started for my wife and I. Right now I am patiently waiting for the tour announcements and then before we know it we'll be in some arena in the U.S. getting our yearly fix of TSO. BTW, Caleb is a great addition to the East Side of TSO.
(08-16-2019, 04:58 AM)TheBigTBone Wrote: I know a lot of people despise OCB but I like it. I hope they are brining it back.

I grew to hate it. Way, way too long and drawn out. It was a break for the band, so I am sure they didn't mind it. Alex Skolnick, who had to play it every night, had lots of things to say about that song in one of his interviews, including how much it was slowed down.

All that being said, I do really like the version on the album and I kinda find myself missing it only because it has been so long since I heard it live.
(08-17-2019, 03:02 AM)MikeNY Wrote:
(08-16-2019, 04:58 AM)TheBigTBone Wrote: I know a lot of people despise OCB but I like it. I hope they are brining it back.

I grew to hate it.  Way, way too long and drawn out. It was a break for the band, so I am sure they didn't mind it.  Alex Skolnick, who had to play it every night, had lots of things to say about that song in one of his interviews, including how much it was slowed down. 

All that being said, I do really like the version on the album and I kinda find myself missing it only because it has been so long since I heard it live.
I like the honesty. And I like you have missed it because it has been so long since they have performed it live.
(08-17-2019, 08:04 AM)TheBigTBone Wrote:

I grew to hate it.  Way, way too long and drawn out. It was a break for the band, so I am sure they didn't mind it.  Alex Skolnick, who had to play it every night, had lots of things to say about that song in one of his interviews, including how much it was slowed down. 

I like the honesty. And I like you have missed it because it has been so long since they have performed it live.
I never realized people disliked it. I thought it was kind of a fan favorite. I never understood how it was not part of a "best of" show. I guess I know now. Personally it is one of my favorites if not my number 1 (really hard to choose that). I do hope they don't slow it down though. I hate that. And the drunken hobo act can go away as well. If they feel the need to have that for the story that's fine, just let them sing it and play it like it is on the record.
(08-20-2019, 07:23 AM)Flyer Wrote:
(08-17-2019, 08:04 AM)TheBigTBone Wrote:

I never realized people disliked it. I thought it was kind of a fan favorite. I never understood how it was not part of a "best of" show. I guess I know now. Personally it is one of my favorites if not my number 1 (really hard to choose that). I do hope they don't slow it down though. I hate that. And the drunken hobo act can go away as well. If they feel the need to have that for the story that's fine, just let them sing it and play it like it is on the record.
Yes, leave the hobo out of it this time. The first time I saw them in 2004 Steve Broderick was dressed in normal TSO costume and it sounded almost like the recorded version...hope it's done that way this year. Looking forward to and hoping for a complete performance of CEAOS...nothing left out this time.
OCB is a great song. Can't wait to hear it live again.
(08-16-2019, 02:22 AM)TheBigTBone Wrote: I am wondering who is on the TSO East entourage for 2019. Is Russell Alan coming back or is Caleb taking over the reigns? Is the new guy going to be the one to sing "Believe" this tour? Lots of questions and no answers. Just wondering.

Not sure who made it or where the info came from but I just spotted this one of the TSO pages....

[Image: 68835070_10216616163209446_1460429497869...e=5DC85496]
A new one just appeared - apparently several of the ones marked confirmed earlier have NOT been confirmed.....

[Image: 68820063_10205808191240789_2974148415916...e=5E0DD311]