Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSO in 2021
Good to see the TSO website updated.  Hopefully something will be announced soon. I don't see anyone new added to the band page, but looks like someone is missing?
(08-18-2021, 11:41 PM)MikeNY Wrote: Good to see the TSO website updated.  Hopefully something will be announced soon.  I don't see anyone new added to the band page, but looks like someone is missing?

In addition to removing the photo of Hayley Dorling, who was let go after the 2019 tour, they added this new verbiage:

Presales tickets are sold on a first come, first serve basis. Presales may not be available for all shows and touring is never guaranteed. Limit of six (6) presale tickets per membership.

Lowering the ticket limit from eight to six indicates some limited capacities. And not guaranteeing a tour seems like a necessary part of legalese.
Meet and Greets are out this year. And not much in the way of audience interaction either.
(08-19-2021, 06:24 AM)danfromnj Wrote: Meet and Greets are out this year.  And not much in the way of audience interaction either.

Well loosing the meet and Greet kinda sucks but they aren't a guaranteed thing anyways.  However if there's less audience interaction then maybe certain members of the band will actually get back to playing their instruments instead of urging the crowd to cheer.  I saw one video from I guess it would be 3 years ago now and the guitarist whose name will not be mentioned spent more time whooping up the crowd than he did actually playing his guitar during the song.
(08-20-2021, 08:11 AM)bobm27 Wrote:
(08-19-2021, 06:24 AM)danfromnj Wrote: Meet and Greets are out this year.  And not much in the way of audience interaction either.

Well loosing the meet and Greet kinda sucks but they aren't a guaranteed thing anyways.  However if there's less audience interaction then maybe certain members of the band will actually get back to playing their instruments instead of urging the crowd to cheer.  I saw one video from I guess it would be 3 years ago now and the guitarist whose name will not be mentioned spent more time whooping up the crowd than he did actually playing his guitar during the song.

They are only doing what they are told to do. Those vanity runs are a big part of their schtick. I would also guess that the guitar giveaway, at least with a kid on stage, will be out as well.
Will be interesting to see what show they are going to try and tour with. My guess is CE&OS, but I'd love to see The Christmas Attic.
(08-23-2021, 07:45 AM)NEsnowstorms Wrote: Will be interesting to see what show they are going to try and tour with. My guess is CE&OS, but I'd love to see The Christmas Attic.

I haven't heard officially, but I would think it would be CEAOS again. With all that is going on, I doubt they want to try and introduce a different show into the mix.

Watch for a tour announcement toward the end of the month.
(08-23-2021, 07:45 AM)NEsnowstorms Wrote: Will be interesting to see what show they are going to try and tour with. My guess is CE&OS, but I'd love to see The Christmas Attic.
2021 marks the 25th Anniversary of Christmas Eve And Other Stories...and with that the TSO journey began!
(08-24-2021, 08:40 AM)edmcardle Wrote:
2021 marks the 25th Anniversary of Christmas Eve And Other Stories...and with that the TSO journey began!
Hadn't thought of that!

(08-24-2021, 04:37 AM)danfromnj Wrote:

I haven't heard officially, but I would think it would be CEAOS again. With all that is going on, I doubt they want to try and introduce a different show into the mix.

Watch for a tour announcement toward the end of the month.
Yeah I'd be inclined to agree. CEAOS is a great album and a great stage show, and as was just pointed out, it's the 25th anniversary of the album release.

As I noted, I do hope The Christmas Attic gets another shot at some point as I think it's underrated and I didn't get to see that one live, as I didn't see TSO live until 2015, which was the first year of Ghost (I was 15 at the time so I wasn't around for the early TSO era or anything). But CEAOS makes the most sense for this year.
(08-24-2021, 11:51 AM)NEsnowstorms Wrote: Yeah I'd be inclined to agree. CEAOS is a great album and a great stage show, and as was just pointed out, it's the 25th anniversary of the album release.

As I noted, I do hope The Christmas Attic gets another shot at some point as I think it's underrated and I didn't get to see that one live, as I didn't see TSO live until 2015, which was the first year of Ghost (I was 15 at the time so I wasn't around for the early TSO era or anything). But CEAOS makes the most sense for this year.

I agree that The Christmas Attic is underrated, but I'm sure there's a reason why it was only toured once. Regardless, I'd love to see it again. While it wasn't my favorite show, the Toy Box setup was very cool.