Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orlando and Tampa 2015 shows
The wife and I decided to hit both of these shows this year. We saw our first TSO show in Tampa last year.

I love the stage set up this year. The clean stage with the big video screens made the stage seem huge. The video screens really allow for a variety of backdrops to accompany each number.
We did miss Nathan James this year, but Joe Retta was a very nice addition. My wife loves his version of Music Box Blues. Every vocalist seemed to be on the mark on every song. By this time on the tour I guess everyone has settled into a relaxed routine.

In Orlando we had seats in the 8th row of the center section on the floor. After the first couple songs I was extremely glad I had gotten tickets for the Tampa show as well.

In Tampa we sat in the 25th row center floor. We aren't tall people and the girl in front of us started out holding her phone up to take pictures rather frequently, but that died down pretty soon.

I noticed they did the artificial snow in Orlando but not in Tampa.

Paul O'neill came out and played guitar for Gabriela Guncikova on not the same and then stayed out for Night Conceives. He also went up on one of the elevated platforms.

At the end of the show Paul was speaking to someone at the front of the stage and pulled off his sunglasses and tossed them toward the audience. He immediately reached into his jacket and pulled out another pair and put them on. He did the same thing at the other side of the stage. Tossed out the pair he was wearing them and then reached into his jacket and pulled out a new pair. The final time he tossed out the glasses he turned around and left the stage. This was at the end of the show. I guess the sunglasses are his thing. He really seemed to be having fun.
(12-17-2015, 10:02 PM)groo1322 Wrote: The wife and I decided to hit both of these shows this year. We saw our first TSO show in Tampa last year.

I love the stage set up this year. The clean stage with the big video screens made the stage seem huge. The video screens really allow for a variety of backdrops to accompany each number.
We did miss Nathan James this year, but Joe Retta was a very nice addition. My wife loves his version of Music Box Blues. Every vocalist seemed to be on the mark on every song. By this time on the tour I guess everyone has settled into a relaxed routine.

In Orlando we had seats in the 8th row of the center section on the floor. After the first couple songs I was extremely glad I had gotten tickets for the Tampa show as well.

In Tampa we sat in the 25th row center floor. We aren't tall people and the girl in front of us started out holding her phone up to take pictures rather frequently,  but that died down pretty soon.

I noticed they did the artificial snow in Orlando but not in Tampa.

Paul O'neill came out and played guitar for Gabriela Guncikova on not the same and then stayed out for Night Conceives. He also went up on one of the elevated platforms.

At the end of the show Paul was speaking to someone at the front of the stage and pulled off his sunglasses and tossed them toward the audience. He immediately reached into his jacket and pulled out another pair and put them on. He did the same thing at the other side of the stage. Tossed out the pair he was wearing them and then reached into his jacket and pulled out a new pair. The final time he tossed out the glasses he turned around and left the stage. This was at the end of the show. I guess the sunglasses are his thing. He really seemed to be having fun.

I was at both of the Orlando shows this year... well, last year now! As for the sunglasses, my son got a pair tossed to him from Paul in Tampa... 2012. After the show, one of the crew came out and gave him the case for it. Thought that was a really nice touch
It would have been easier on us to pick one city and do both shows instead of doing separate cities, but we decided to just make a weekend road trip out of it.

Thanks again for all the work you guys put into the videos from last year.
We still watch them about once a month and I finally get to see the East Coast Group.
(01-09-2016, 10:21 PM)groo1322 Wrote: It would have been easier on us to pick one city and do both shows instead of doing separate cities, but we decided to just make a weekend road trip out of it.

Thanks again for all the work you guys put into the videos from last year.
We still watch them about once a month and I finally get to see the East Coast Group.

We are the same way with road tripping. Since we had the 7 hour trek to SC for Columbia we figured make a weekend of it in SC and stick around for Greenville that Sunday. Had a great time.

Working on an East show multi-cam as we speak. Just got into it this past weekend, so look for a new one around the first week or two of February. Probably won't be working on a West disc this year as we just could not come up with decent enough footage. Most of it is distant shot. I had what I originally thought was a good angle in Orlando, but the slope of the seats where I was filming wasn't conducive to shooting (plus I am short). So I threw in the towel two songs in. I would have had a shot between the two folks sitting in front of us but they kept leaning into each other to talk for the ENTIRE show, thus blocking my shot even worse. Found out they weren't even TSO fans and won tix from some radio station. So thank you to whatever station that was! Angry
Thanks a bunch! I'll keep me eye out for it.