Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie here
Is this the same forum that used to be on TSO's OLD fan page? I was none to happy when the band (or whoever) got rid of the old forums and posts. There was a wealth of info and video on the old forum. Thanks!
No it isn't but many of the same posters are here.
(08-17-2016, 07:17 AM)thedoc Wrote: Is this the same forum that used to be on TSO's OLD fan page? I was none to happy when the band (or whoever) got rid of the old forums and posts. There was a wealth of info and video on the old forum. Thanks!

Many of us were bummed when those boards were eliminated. News always broke first there and some great discussion and info could be had. This is a fan-driven board but similar in many ways to the old Express board - many of the same posters, as Nancy mentioned, with many new folks as well. I, for one, always preferred this format for actual info-sharing and discussion as opposed to the Facebook groups which seem to get swallowed up by photo-posting.

Anyway - welcome to the Boards!
(08-17-2016, 07:17 AM)thedoc Wrote: Is this the same forum that used to be on TSO's OLD fan page? I was none to happy when the band (or whoever) got rid of the old forums and posts. There was a wealth of info and video on the old forum. Thanks!

Welcome, the doc. Smile

This board was started last year and it is independent of the band and their management. I have been frustrated with the lack of TSO/Savatage presence online so this was my small contribution.
(08-18-2016, 01:22 AM)danfromnj Wrote:

Many of us were bummed when those boards were eliminated.  News always broke first there and some great discussion and info could be had.  This is a fan-driven board but similar in many ways to the old Express board - many of the same posters, as Nancy mentioned, with many new folks as well.   I, for one, always preferred this format for actual info-sharing and discussion as opposed to the Facebook groups which seem to get swallowed up by photo-posting.

Anyway - welcome to the Boards!

Thanks! Looking forward to all of the info and behind the scenes tidbits that the old board used to provide!
(08-19-2016, 02:13 AM)admin Wrote:

Welcome, the doc. Smile

This board was started last year and it is independent of the band and their management.  I have been frustrated with the lack of TSO/Savatage presence online so this was my small contribution.
Thanks! Looking forward to all of the info and behind the scenes tidbits that the old board used to provide!
(08-18-2016, 01:22 AM)danfromnj Wrote: Many of us were bummed when those boards were eliminated.

well then maybe someone shouldnt have poked at things Wink

sorry... had to, its been awhile lol
(08-19-2016, 10:10 AM)Savage_Dreams Wrote:
(08-18-2016, 01:22 AM)danfromnj Wrote: Many of us were bummed when those boards were eliminated.

well then maybe someone shouldnt have poked at things Wink

sorry... had to, its been awhile lol

Yeah, Yeah. Very Funny. ;-)
(08-18-2016, 01:22 AM)danfromnj Wrote: well then maybe someone shouldnt have poked at things Wink

Details?   Big Grin
(08-20-2016, 12:00 AM)admin Wrote:
(08-18-2016, 01:22 AM)danfromnj Wrote: well then maybe someone shouldnt have poked at things Wink

Details?   Big Grin

I know! I'm confused too!