Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSO new hires for 2016 tour - Mats Levén
Looks like there will be some new faces on the 2016 tour.

Mats Levén

[Image: ba67d7a5edadc1e81fd78142d4d356cc.jpeg]

[Image: matsleven.jpg]

Mats social media:

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/matsleven/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/uzigee
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MatsLeven

51-year old Swedish vocalist Mats Levén has been very active on the metal scene - particularly out of his native Sweden - since 1986. His exposure to the US audiences has been mostly when he took over as lead vocalist with Doom Metallers Candlemass in 2012:

Another somewhat-high profile gig Mats had for a while was as lead vocalist for Swedish Symphonic Metal band, Therion:

And reaching a little further back, Mats recorded and toured with Yngwie Malmsteen:

well, hes just trying to make tso look as "metal" as possible these days aint he?
(08-29-2016, 01:31 AM)Savage_Dreams Wrote: well, hes just trying to make tso look as "metal" as possible these days aint he?

Watch those above three videos and imagine him now singing "Forget About the Blame"!
(08-29-2016, 01:36 AM)danfromnj Wrote:
(08-29-2016, 01:31 AM)Savage_Dreams Wrote: well, hes just trying to make tso look as "metal" as possible these days aint he?

Watch those above three videos and imagine him now singing "Forget About the Blame"!

i try not to imagine that song in any way, shape, or form Wink

The word "Pathetic" comes to mind.......

Maybe he's looking for some street cred by singing "Old City Bar".....LOL
(08-29-2016, 09:56 AM)Savage_Dreams Wrote:

i try not to imagine that song in any way, shape, or form Wink

I suspect that song will be around for a long time. Why I don't know.

That said, I think this dude sang on one of Gus G's albums and sounded pretty good but I don't think he's going to add much to TSO. Especially since I'm sure Paul will have him growling and gravel-voicing all over the place since that seems to be his favorite schtick now.
(08-30-2016, 09:53 AM)harleyguy Wrote:

The word "Pathetic" comes to mind.......

..........Well Hell's bell's...If it an't my Ole`~ Buddy Jimbo......How much trouble can me and you get into over here........LOL!