Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No LI/NYC show this year?
It looks Newark is the closest you can get and it is AFTER Christmas.  What happened?
That was a bit of a surprise, considering LI now has two arenas and it’s been a stalwart of the tour for most of their existence. And Newark after Christmas is certainly new also. I’m thinking it was a routing issue. The city they are playing after Newark is Detroit, which certainly is not typical for the East route.

I do feel for you and other TSO fans on LI. Newark is the closest, I suppose, and even with that really only doing LI RR and NJ Transit trains makes sense.
I'm going to be seeing them in Philadelphia on Dec 18. I'm not sure what's going on when it comes to the LI/NYC market when they do The Ghost Of Christmas Eve instead of CEAOS or other themed shows. Remember that from 2015-2018, they did TGOCE and the only NYC area show was in 2018 when they performed at the Nassau Coliseum. With UBS Arena, I can see there being a scheduling issue with hockey going on, but Nassau Colisuem is practically sitting there unused with the only major event at that place being Queensryche/Judas Priest a few days ago. Theres no reason why TSO couldn't have made a stop at Nassau for this tour.
(10-21-2022, 01:06 AM)fraroc Wrote: I'm going to be seeing them in Philadelphia on Dec 18. I'm not sure what's going on when it comes to the LI/NYC market when they do The Ghost Of Christmas Eve instead of CEAOS or other themed shows. Remember that from 2015-2018, they did TGOCE and the only NYC area show was in 2018 when they performed at the Nassau Coliseum. With UBS Arena, I can see there being a scheduling issue with hockey going on, but Nassau Colisuem is practically sitting there unused with the only major event at that place being Queensryche/Judas Priest a few days ago. Theres no reason why TSO couldn't have made a stop at Nassau for this tour.
I'm also going to Philly (I live in Manhattan.)
I think Nassau is something of a low-tier venue now due to inaccessibility. Barclays/MSG has the LIRR and subways, UBS has LIRR, whereas Nassau necessarily requires driving which sucks for city residents. I went to that Priest show but it wasn't a fun journey- I took an LIRR to my hometown and borrowed my mom's car and then stayed overnight at her place. If I'd come directly to and from the city, we're talking about leaving way early, having to uber during a giant surge, and then not getting home until close to 1. 

That said, if their target demographic is families in the suburbs with minivans, then maybe it is the sensible venue. I can see that maybe it was hard to work around other arenas given that there are often sports events there. But I would really think that NY is a priority and a higher profit potential than any other city in the country...