Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will you be attending the 2023 touor?
Just wondering what the general feeling among those who have been attending shows for many years is. So here is the question  Will you definitely be attending this years show regardless of what show they put on or are you getting to the point of been there done that will wait for something really new, and will take a break this year.?
Based on my calculations, and previous history, tomorrow we will get the wonderful annual email link to the 2023 tour dates.
I moved to Wilmington NC a little over two years ago and Raleigh was the show we went to in 21 and 22.
Might give SC a shot this year depending on the time of week although the PNC Arena is fine with me.

Also....this SHOULD be the Christmas Attic's turn at bat, no? Should be up next. It might just be my favorite of the three Christmas LPs.
Always excited about this awesome announcement!!!
I guess the answer for me is No. Based on the schedule, unless I'm reading it wrong - there's no show at all in NJ/NYC, only one show out on Long Island!?
(08-28-2023, 05:30 AM)LeapingLenny Wrote: Based on my calculations, and previous history, tomorrow we will get the wonderful annual email link to the 2023 tour dates.
I moved to Wilmington NC a little over two years ago and Raleigh was the show we went to in 21 and 22.
Might give SC a shot this year depending on the time of week although the PNC Arena is fine with me.

Also....this SHOULD be the Christmas Attic's turn at bat, no? Should be up next. It might just be my favorite of the three Christmas LPs.
Always excited about this awesome announcement!!!

The email I received today says it is going to be "Ghosts Of Christmas Eve and The Best of TSO"...again.

Yes, I'll go because it has become tradition. My question is, last year they debuted a new song during the show. I haven't seen any release of that song. I was hoping for another whole new album but doesn't look like that will happen.
(08-29-2023, 02:55 AM)JeffreyFender Wrote: My question is, last year they debuted a new song during the show. I haven't seen any release of that song. I was hoping for another whole new album but doesn't look like that will happen.

Carousels of Christmas was put together when Desi stated she wanted a new song in the set.  Oliva put it together, Al threw in the Steely Dan reference once it was performed a few times.  There is no new TSO album.  IF this song has even been recorded in a studio, I suppose it is possible to be released as a single or something like that, but I've heard nothing on that front.

(08-28-2023, 10:37 PM)Gener222 Wrote: I guess the answer for me is No.  Based on the schedule, unless I'm reading it wrong - there's no show at all in NJ/NYC, only one show out on Long Island!?

It is strange that for the first time ever, they are skipping the NYC market. Routing is always a bear when scheduling a tour, but still is surprising that they couldn't find a date that worked there. Maybe they couldn't come together on the guaranteed money with the venue? Either way, hope it is just a one-year blip.
(08-29-2023, 04:42 AM)danfromnj Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 02:55 AM)JeffreyFender Wrote: My question is, last year they debuted a new song during the show. I haven't seen any release of that song. I was hoping for another whole new album but doesn't look like that will happen.

Carousels of Christmas was put together when Desi stated she wanted a new song in the set.  Oliva put it together, Al threw in the Steely Dan reference once it was performed a few times.  There is no new TSO album.  IF this song has even been recorded in a studio, I suppose it is possible to be released as a single or something like that, but I've heard nothing on that front.

(08-28-2023, 10:37 PM)Gener222 Wrote: I guess the answer for me is No.  Based on the schedule, unless I'm reading it wrong - there's no show at all in NJ/NYC, only one show out on Long Island!?

It is strange that for the first time ever, they are skipping the NYC market.  Routing is always a bear when scheduling a tour, but still is surprising that they couldn't find a date that worked there.  Maybe they couldn't come together on the guaranteed money with the venue?  Either way, hope it is just a one-year blip.

Looks like the Devils have a home game at the Prudential Center in Newark on December 19 - which to me seems likely when they would have played there (right after Philly and just before Long Island).  And even though they haven't played MSG in years, that's busy that night also with a Billy Joel show.
An article from blabbermouth said they are releasing a “the ghosts of Christmas Eve” in spatial Dolby atmos for digital outlets. So maybe they’d surprisingly would stick a live recording of Christmas carousels on that?
(08-29-2023, 01:10 PM)James1 Wrote: An article from blabbermouth said they are releasing a “the ghosts of Christmas Eve” in spatial Dolby atmos for digital outlets. So maybe they’d surprisingly would stick a live recording of Christmas carousels on that?

I wouldn’t count on that.  Some fans seem more wrapped up in that song than TSO actually is.  And it would be horribly out of place addded to any release of Ghosts
(07-13-2023, 06:56 AM)bobm27 Wrote: Just wondering what the general feeling among those who have been attending shows for many years is. So here is the question  Will you definitely be attending this years show regardless of what show they put on or are you getting to the point of been there done that will wait for something really new, and will take a break this year.?

Had hoped to go back this year (first time since Covid) but a) they're skipping both Lexington & Louisville this year and Cincy is a long haul for us and b) my husband was just diagnosed with Stage 3 kidney cancer. I don't think we'll be doing a lot of celebrating this year.....
I'll be skipping it again. I've seen them three times, and enjoyed it each time, but the lack of any new music (or even the hope of any new music) has made me lose interest. Plus, the fact that they're not playing the NY/NJ area doesn't help at all.

I really wish that when they skipped touring during the pandemic, they had used that time to finish off at least one of the albums that they claim are in the works. But at this point, I'm doubtful that they ever intend to finish them. Sadly, I think TSO essentially ended after Paul's death, aside from the annual tour.