Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghosts of Christmas Eve Audio Download
The download offer that is coming with the online ticket purchases this year:

[Image: TSO2016-Bundle.jpg]

With every online ticket purchased for TSO, you'll receive a standard digital copy of their new album The Ghosts of Christmas Eve

You will receive instructions via email on how to redeem your album on the street date of Friday October 21, 2016.

Obviously, this is not a "new album". This is the first time these songs have been released in an audio package together, and this download features a bonus track titled "Music Box Blues (Daryl Pediford Tribute New York 2004)." (The originally-planned bonus track for this release was "Heal My Soul", the Savatage remake that was redone with a childrens choir and released on the limited TSO Wal-Mart EP back in 2007. They switched it to the Pediford tribute late in the game).

No word yet on whether the audio download will include Jewel's "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" or Michael Crawford's "O Holy Night". I would suspect not, as they were not part of the TSO story and were only added on at the record company's insistence when the movie was created.

Is anyone interested in this?
What would be the point of doing this release if they don't include jewel and Crawford though? It's just the album versions, except for a few edits. Lazy release either way.
I don't get the point of this release. This reminds me of those TSO compilations that are sold in Kohls and Lowes. But yeah, I agree - Lazy release.
(09-09-2016, 11:45 AM)MikeNY Wrote: I don't get the point of this release.  This reminds me of those TSO compilations that are sold in Kohls and Lowes.  But yeah, I agree - Lazy release.

Ironically, I bought one of those compilations a few years ago. I really like it as it has a great setlist... but released by the powers that be themselves?? This year is a really strange year, I have to admit. Also to have the bravery to call it the "new album"? That is really lame. Even a non-hardcore fan would know it's just a re-release of songs when they buy it.
(09-08-2016, 12:27 PM)Savage_Dreams Wrote: What would be the point of doing this release if they don't include jewel and Crawford though? It's just the album versions, except for a few edits. Lazy release either way.

That Crawford just makes my skin crawl. There's the one point in his song with the little kids when he touches that kid's head that just makes me squirm. I wouldn't let him around anyone under the age of consent. Honestly, reminds me of Jerry Sandusky with a tuxedo.
This release is not targeted at us hardcore fans. It's the people who are new to the band.

Also, all of these downloads will count as album "sales" which will show up in Billboard, etc.

No harm, but I would like some new material.
I hope Jewel and Crawford are included. I especially like Crawford's vocals. They probably won't be though. Wish they had stuck with the Savatage song though. I have been trying to find it for a little while now. I have seen it on ebay but no desire to pay asking prices for just the one song since I have all the others. Figured I could burn it and then re-sell it myself.
For those interested - the audio of the "Music Box Blues (Daryl Pediford Tribute New York 2004)" bonus track that will be included with the free download:

https://show.co/bundle/6Cke8Orf6Oi6GBu6dKsI4M