Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 Review
Went to our first show of the year this past week so here are some thoughts.
Opening - I like the song Hourglass but it did it no justice by making it part of the opening medley.
Story - Love the theater set, one of my all-time favorites. The inflatable nutcrackers were also a nice touch. Zak got to sing The Lost Christmas Eve this year instead of John. They both do a great job with this song. New member Mackenzie Meadows did a wonderful job with Music Box Blues. 
Second half - Opened with a medley of Savatage, TSO non-Christmas and TSO Christmas songs, interesting combo. Then came 5 straight Christmas songs with a couple from the Christmas Attic which was expected being the 25th anniversary. Queen of the Winter Night is a song I had been hoping to see live. The snow globe is a great gimmick, however, if you are sitting up front like I was, it does not have as much appeal. I wish they would have shown it on the video screens for those who were on the floor. Then came the Savatage ballad. Zak has replaced Kayla on this song since she is not (currently?) with the band. I liked Zak's version but not Kayla's that I saw videos of. They really need to have Kayla go back to rocking songs instead of singing ballads. I love the song Carmina Burana, but I wish they would play Toccata in its place sometimes. And then they do the Robin song before the finale. Aargh!!! And back this year is the guitar give a way. Georgia has been coming out for that in Kayla's absence. 
I was skeptical seeing Ghosts again this year but overall, I thought it was well worth it.
Was the signing line back this year? I don't want to take my programs to the show if I won't need them.