Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-sale Tickets. How did you do?
I completely forgot that tickets for Hartford were going on pre-sale yesterday, I tried today and could only get 12 rows back, left side of stage, so I passed.  Anyone get front row?  Any horror stories this year as in years past?
Ah, the horror stories. They never quite go away. Gotta give it up to the TSO management and the company who facilitate their process. They try every year to make it better. And it is so much better than it used to be, imho. I bought tickets on Day 1 and it could not have gone smoother. I am heading to a venue I have never been before and was looking for three tickets instead of my usual two. Wound up with third row on Chris' side. Pretty much where I was hoping to be. (I am not one that is "front row or bust").

From what I heard from many who attempted to buy tickets on Day 2, they tried instituting a check system that would block you if you tried purchasing tickets using multiple browsers/windows. Probably would have been less stressful on folks if they actually told you up front that was the plan - caused quite a mess and frustration for many. Day 3 I was back in looking for tickets and the TSO website crashed a few seconds after the stroke of 10AM. Luckily, I already had the link to the ticketstoday page that I needed and was able to stick with that and was able to get good seats once again.

So, it had the usual clusterfuck moments, but I heard of many success stories as well.
I got front row keyboard side for Orlando and 8th row keyboard side for Tampa.

Earlier I got seat in the second floor section for Orlando (F5 Row A) but then kept trying and got F4 Row A. Now to find someone who wants the F5 Row A tickets.
I got caught up in the website crashes yesterday. In at 10 straight up and was going great, had third row center selected and in the cart, but every time I tried to go to the cart the system dumped me back out to the page with a message to click the cart to continue. Tried every idea I could think of watching the timer run down. I had my wife on her laptop working on tickets to our backup city which she was able to complete. Then about 20 minutes later I was still trying the main (Cleveland) and it popped up with 3rd row right, so I took 'em. Had a good run of front and second row at various places, guess I was due for things to not go smooth. I've always seen the FB posts from people who got caught by crashes and such, this is the first time I got hit with it.
(09-11-2016, 02:00 AM)danfromnj Wrote: Ah, the horror stories.  They never quite go away.  Gotta give it up to the TSO management and the company who facilitate their process.  They try every year to make it better.  And it is so much better than it used to be, imho.  I bought tickets on Day 1 and it could not have gone smoother.  I am heading to a venue I have never been before and was looking for three tickets instead of my usual two.  Wound up with third row on Chris' side.  Pretty much where I was hoping to be.  (I am not one that is "front row or bust").

From what I heard from many who attempted to buy tickets on Day 2, they tried instituting a check system that would block you if you tried purchasing tickets using multiple browsers/windows.  Probably would have been less stressful on folks if they actually told you up front that was the plan - caused quite a mess and frustration for many.  Day 3 I was back in looking for tickets and the TSO website crashed a few seconds after the stroke of 10AM.  Luckily, I already had the link to the ticketstoday page that I needed and was able to stick with that and was able to get good seats once again.

So, it had the usual clusterfuck moments, but I heard of many success stories as well.

It's weird, but I must be in the minority.  For me the process has gotten worse in the last few years.  Mostly because more fairweather fans have caught onto the presale, more scalpers, BOTS, etc.  BUT... I am a first 2 rows or bust type of guy. I go with my young son a lot who has trouble seeing over heads when further back on the floor.

As for day 2, I used one browser screen and still got 1/2 screwed.  I don't think it was a multiple browser screen issue.  From what I was told, once your address hit 2 separate transactions you were done.  So I did great with two separate transactions for Greenville.  Flawless!!! 2 front row and 2 second row seats.  However, once I set my sights on Columbia, I pulled 2nd row center THREE times and got bounced each time.  When I called Music Today they tried blaming my bank.  I called my bank and they said they approved the amount each time and that it was on Music Today's end.  So I tried a different card after pulling the 2nd row again.  Same result... bounced!  I applaud the effort to try to curb scalpers and bots, but many of us who go to multiple shows/cities got somewhat screwed.

Then on the third day the web crash, and I just ran out of luck pulling at least row A or B floor for Orlando.  Probably didn't help that I was in the waiting room doing the presale while my wife was in surgery.  Plus they lifted the 2 transaction ban which let in more scalpers again.

Either way, I'll still go to my 4 east and 2 west shows this year.  I am going to supplement my failures on the presale with paying out of my ass on Stub Hub.  Also, I have run into luck pulling row A or B during week of the show on Ticketmaster (happened in Columbia  few years back).  For the matinee shows I like to sit far in the back and may try some different locations for once.  Usually don't pick them up until a month out.  Either way, it's all good, and at the end of the day worse things could happen to us.  This day (9/11) is certainly a reminder of that!
Front row on right side for Lexington show! Was easier than I thought it would be!
I had no issues when trying for Hershey tix. Got great seats for both matinee and evening. However, I did notice that the center section B1, never came up once in my search. I'm ok with that, it would be nice to be front row just oncein all my years so far but I'm great with what I got, 2nd row, Derek's side for matinee on the aisle and 3rd row Chris's side for the evening again on the main aisle.
No problems for Lexington & I was buying for FOUR! Wish they'd been on the opposite side of the arena (I've NEVER managed to score seats on Chris' side) but they're fine. Exactly the same seats I've had for several shows in the past. That said, my daughter was a split second behind me in pushing the button (we were coordinating efforts on the phone) & that was enough to bump her back another 7 rows....
Tulsa. Waited till late Friday afternoon (sale started Thursday) and got F2, Row E, seats 5-8. How good they are will depend entirely on what BOK decides to do about numbering. If it's how it should be they'll be just off the center aisle. If they decide to go stupid, then on the outside aisle and not so good.
I thankfully had no problems getting fourth row, right side of the stage as you're looking at it, day 2 for Toledo, and row two center stage section day 3 for Cleveland. Had  two windows on one computer going on day three, but decided to close one about an hour before the sale because I knew I really shouldn't be spending so much more $$$ on a "want," but was REALLY wanting (somewhere in the first 7 rows/center stage section hopefully) to go to Cleveland for the New Year's Eve show. Didn't think good seats would come up with previous years' experience for Cleveland, but much to my surprise they did, so I bought them. Looks like it was a really good thing I decided to close the second browser. I had originally planned on taking the gang to Cleveland to begin with, but got nervous thinking that for the last show of the tour, Friday night show, New Year's Eve show, Cleveland show, the odds of getting a bunch of good seats together was slim to none, so on day two I got seats for Toledo so no one, including a "newbie," (my 7 yr. old grandson), would be disappointed, but then I got curious about Cleveland, and as I'd said, I really wanted to go to that show.

Got lots of folks in the family that want to see TSO year after year and grandkids now that want to go too. Need quite a few tickets. Anyway, never trying to grab tickets to resell, but just want a back up window open in case there's an issue that could cause me to not get the seats the kids and I are hoping for. Little greedy I suppose and life goes on if one has to get tickets at the general public sales and has to sit further back than a few rows from the stage, but...  Undecided

I can absolutely see why TSO wouldn't want anyone to scalp pre-sale tickets and I can kind of see why they might want to limit the amount given even to fan club members-so more people/families can get the "coveted first few rows/premium seats" and such-but the die hard fans that are searching the internet for info on sale dates, on site hours early refreshing away on pre-sale day, and spending hundreds and even over a thousand dollars a year because they love the show so much; is it really such a big deal to have a couple of browser windows open, especially when you can only get 8 tickets per account anyway, or is that per show? Does anyone know? I've always wondered since they did paper tickets for BLN why they didn't utilize the paper tickets that required ID to match the name on the ticket order for the fan club pre-sale as well. That would pretty much stop the scalping for the fan club tickets and really doesn't hold up the line much more than scanning the regular tickets at the shows.

No perfect system and definitely no system to please everyone, but the fan club pre-sale is much appreciated. In many years I've only had one glitch at the pre-sale and even that didn't cost me the tickets. Guess I've been lucky thus far. Just a little high blood pressure for a few hours a year.

(09-11-2016, 02:00 AM)danfromnj Wrote: Ah, the horror stories.  They never quite go away.  Gotta give it up to the TSO management and the company who facilitate their process.  They try every year to make it better.  And it is so much better than it used to be, imho.  

From what I heard from many who attempted to buy tickets on Day 2, they tried instituting a check system that would block you if you tried purchasing tickets using multiple browsers/windows.  Probably would have been less stressful on folks if they actually told you up front that was the plan - caused quite a mess and frustration for many.