Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-sale Tickets. How did you do?
And then there are the internet pre-sales and general sale:

Starting Friday, September 16th shows for the 2016 Winter Tour will start going on-sale to the general public. Starting Wednesday, September 14th, however, there will be internet pre-sales that are only accessible with a password. To make sure TSO fans have access to the best available tickets, pre-sale passwords will be listed on trans-siberian.com.

For most pre-sales available on:

Ticketmaster.com, the pre-sale password will be "TSOFAN"

LiveNation.com, the pre-sale password will be "SPOTLIGHT"

Additional Pre-Sale Passwords will be updated on trans-siberian.com
Logged in @ 10am........Logged out @ 10:06am with 8 tickets all in row 4 on the floor of Greensboro.....flawless process for me......I am a one and done as far as TSO shows go now.....far to many other concerts I want to see and I prefer to spread the money around....We usually go to at least one major concert a month.....
the presales are always going to have good and bad stories. what i hate and i feel needs to stop is all the other presales. after the fanclub presale theres numerous other presales, the "internet" presale, the app presale, i think there were at least 4 presales listed on the Ticketmaster page. and those arent a tso thing. but by the time the general sale starts nothing good is left. its damn hard for the average person to keep up with all the sales, im an obsessed fan about bands and cant keep up. fanclub presales are cool, all others need to stop!

i also dont know that scalpers will ever be stopped, but when it did it stop being illegal? stubb hub and all the others, why are they allowed?
(09-18-2016, 02:30 AM)Savage_Dreams Wrote: the presales are always going to have good and bad stories. what i hate and i feel needs to stop is all the other presales. after the fanclub presale theres numerous other presales, the "internet" presale, the app presale, i think there were at least 4 presales listed on the Ticketmaster page. and those arent a tso thing. but by the time the general sale starts nothing good is left. its damn hard for the average person to keep up with all the sales, im an obsessed fan about  bands and cant keep up. fanclub presales are cool, all others need to stop!

i also dont know that scalpers will ever be stopped, but when it did it stop being illegal? stubb hub and all the others, why are they allowed?

Success in the presale is relative I suppose.  For those going for one show only it is a lot easier.  You can be in and out within 5 to 10 mins. For me it is a bit tougher, because I go to about 5 or 6 shows.  Both matinee and evening, different cities, East and West.  So my fanclub presales are spread across multiple days with some cities on the same day.  Plus, I like to get my close seats during the presale and taking my kids I need to get within the first few rows, which doesn't always happen.   I couldn't imagine being a fan going to 20 shows a year.  BUT success may be easier because a lot of the super fans like that are only looking for 1 ticket per show.

As for stopping scalpers?  They will never stop.  I think they can bee weeded out from the fanclub presales if we are creative enough.  I am a HUGE proponent of a paid FC with presale access.  Also, scan your card of purchase at the door for ticket receipt.   There are things that can be done.  

As for the legality of sites like Stub Hub I am not sure what the loophole is.  Maybe that has to happen at a Federal level?  Where is the main server based?  Overseas?  I have no idea but I thought the same thing.   When I grew up in CT buddy of mine got popped for scalping tix for face value outside before a Metallica show. It was illegal PERIOD!
(09-18-2016, 09:56 PM)Kissguy1973 Wrote:
(09-18-2016, 02:30 AM)Savage_Dreams Wrote: the presales are always going to have good and bad stories. what i hate and i feel needs to stop is all the other presales. after the fanclub presale theres numerous other presales, the "internet" presale, the app presale, i think there were at least 4 presales listed on the Ticketmaster page. and those arent a tso thing. but by the time the general sale starts nothing good is left. its damn hard for the average person to keep up with all the sales, im an obsessed fan about  bands and cant keep up. fanclub presales are cool, all others need to stop!

Success in the presale is relative I suppose.  For those going for one show only it is a lot easier.  You can be in and out within 5 to 10 mins. For me it is a bit tougher, because I go to about 5 or 6 shows.  Both matinee and evening, different cities, East and West.  So my fanclub presales are spread across multiple days with some cities on the same day.  Plus, I like to get my close seats during the presale and taking my kids I need to get within the first few rows, which doesn't always happen.   I couldn't imagine being a fan going to 20 shows a year.  BUT success may be easier because a lot of the super fans like that are only looking for 1 ticket per show.

As for stopping scalpers?  They will never stop.  I think they can bee weeded out from the fanclub presales if we are creative enough.  I am a HUGE proponent of a paid FC with presale access.  Also, scan your card of purchase at the door for ticket receipt.   There are things that can be done.  

As for the legality of sites like Stub Hub I am not sure what the loophole is.  Maybe that has to happen at a Federal level?  Where is the main server based?  Overseas?  I have no idea but I thought the same thing.   When I grew up in CT buddy of mine got popped for scalping tix for face value outside before a Metallica show. It was illegal PERIOD!

What's a "paid FC"? I agree on one thing, attendee HAS to show credit card with which ticket was purchased at the door.
(09-21-2016, 01:31 AM)nosferatu Wrote: What's a "paid FC"?  I agree on one thing, attendee HAS to show credit card with which ticket was purchased at the door.

I assume FC to be Fan Club.

The only problem I have with showing the credit card is if I buy tickets to give as gifts I don't want to hand over the credit card so my friend or family member can attend.
I'll take TSO tickets sales over most any other band, just for the fact they are not implementing "packages". All that Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Emerald crap and the extremely high prices that goes with it, just to have a good seat! Those packages suck! Check the prices and be prepared to faint, just to get into the first TEN rows on the floor!