Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This year's tour
I have to say the New Year's Eve show in Cleveland this year was more than amazing. Everyone was having a great time on stage, tons of energy, whole lot of great opportunities to take photos, Paul, always great to see him on stage, seemed to really enjoy playing along with Joan Jett, of whom it was a thrill to see on stage, and it was generally a really wonderful 3 hours and a whole lot of fun with musical and vocal talent going well above and beyond the usual top of the line talent we've come to expect from TSO. I can't say I didn't get my money's worth plus some.  Personally though, I wouldn't mind some "new" stuff or different show next year, and I wished the narration/story hadn't been cut to such a big extent. Would love to hear OCB and Believe again as well. I wonder what, or if anything, is in store for next year. Had taken my grandson to Cleveland, who happily got his fill of "live fire," and had bought him a TSO shirt, which he wore to school his first day back after vacation. He told his mom, "There's this bully on the bus and he's always mean to me, but he saw my shirt and said, 'Did you really see that band?' I told him I did and they (Joel H. and Dave Z.) threw me picks, and now he doesn't bully me because he was impressed."
(01-07-2017, 04:35 AM)Tilly Wrote: I have to say the New Year's Eve show in Cleveland this year was more than amazing. Everyone was having a great time on stage, tons of energy, whole lot of great opportunities to take photos, Paul, always great to see him on stage, seemed to really enjoy playing along with Joan Jett, of whom it was a thrill to see on stage, and it was generally a really wonderful 3 hours and a whole lot of fun with musical and vocal talent going well above and beyond the usual top of the line talent we've come to expect from TSO. I can't say I didn't get my money's worth plus some.  Personally though, I wouldn't mind some "new" stuff or different show next year, and I wished the narration/story hadn't been cut to such a big extent. Would love to hear OCB and Believe again as well. I wonder what, or if anything, is in store for next year. Had taken my grandson to Cleveland, who happily got his fill of "live fire," and had bought him a TSO shirt, which he wore to school his first day back after vacation. He told his mom, "There's this bully on the bus and he's always mean to me, but he saw my shirt and said, 'Did you really see that band?' I told him I did and they (Joel H. and Dave Z.) threw me picks, and now he doesn't bully me because he was impressed."
I saw videos from Cleveland. I was in New York City one year for New Year's Eve and I did't think anybody could do it better but it looked like TSO did. WOW! For next year I am predicting a metal show with music from all their catalog similar to Wacken but featuring LFTL which was reported  to have a world tour  with generic Christmas songs like CES Christmas Jam Siberian Sleighride First Snow for the Winter Tour effect which was advertised already on the 2016 programme book. Glad to hear about your grandson-the next generation of TSO fans. lol
Don't mind at all a metal show, especially if it includes more Savatage, but I'd really miss the narration if they decided to pass on that and some of the ballads are most definitely beautiful and would be missed.

(01-08-2017, 03:06 AM)TSOd Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 04:35 AM)Tilly Wrote: I have to say the New Year's Eve show in Cleveland this year was more than amazing. Everyone was having a great time on stage, tons of energy, whole lot of great opportunities to take photos, Paul, always great to see him on stage, seemed to really enjoy playing along with Joan Jett, of whom it was a thrill to see on stage, and it was generally a really wonderful 3 hours and a whole lot of fun with musical and vocal talent going well above and beyond the usual top of the line talent we've come to expect from TSO. I can't say I didn't get my money's worth plus some.  Personally though, I wouldn't mind some "new" stuff or different show next year, and I wished the narration/story hadn't been cut to such a big extent. Would love to hear OCB and Believe again as well. I wonder what, or if anything, is in store for next year. Had taken my grandson to Cleveland, who happily got his fill of "live fire," and had bought him a TSO shirt, which he wore to school his first day back after vacation. He told his mom, "There's this bully on the bus and he's always mean to me, but he saw my shirt and said, 'Did you really see that band?' I told him I did and they (Joel H. and Dave Z.) threw me picks, and now he doesn't bully me because he was impressed."
I saw videos from Cleveland. I was in New York City one year for New Year's Eve and I did't think anybody could do it better but it looked like TSO did. WOW! For next year I am predicting a metal show with music from all their catalog similar to Wacken but featuring LFTL which was reported  to have a world tour  with generic Christmas songs like CES Christmas Jam Siberian Sleighride First Snow for the Winter Tour effect which was advertised already on the 2016 programme book. Glad to hear about your grandson-the next generation of TSO fans. lol
(01-08-2017, 03:50 AM)Tilly Wrote: Don't mind at all a metal show, especially if it includes more Savatage, but I'd really miss the narration if they decided to pass on that and some of the ballads are most definitely beautiful and would be missed.

(01-08-2017, 03:06 AM)TSOd Wrote:
I think some Sav will be in to appease the European and USA fans like Wacken was and I think the narration will be dropped  for this type show.
(01-07-2017, 04:35 AM)Tilly Wrote: Paul, always great to see him on stage, seemed to really enjoy playing along with Joan Jett

Paul is clearly not in the mix/plugged-in much of the time.

Watch closely - last few seconds when Paul is strumming and there is no sound.  But yes - he did seem to be enjoying himself and hiring Joan Jett for this particular Show was pretty cool. The West got even luckier with Paul Rodgers in Seattle.

Thanks for posting the video. Nice to see again. One hell of a show! To tell you the truth, I had no idea who Paul Rodgers was. Had to look him up. I loved seeing Joan Jett because it just took me back (tad more than) a few years. Again, a whole lot of fun.

(01-14-2017, 01:01 PM)danfromnj Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 04:35 AM)Tilly Wrote: Paul, always great to see him on stage, seemed to really enjoy playing along with Joan Jett

Watch closely - last few seconds when Paul is strumming and there is no sound.  But yes - he did seem to be enjoying himself and hiring Joan Jett for this particular Show was pretty cool.  The West got even luckier with Paul Rodgers in Seattle.

I think some Sav will be in to appease the European and USA fans like Wacken was and I think the narration will be dropped  for this type show.
[/quote]

Could very well be, but I hope not. Time will tell, as always.
(01-14-2017, 01:01 PM)danfromnj Wrote: Paul is clearly not in the mix/plugged-in much of the time.

i completely agree. oh wait, youre talking about his guitar playing... yea, that too Wink
(01-16-2017, 04:41 AM)Tilly Wrote: Thanks for posting the video. Nice to see again. One hell of a show! To tell you the truth, I had no idea who Paul Rodgers was. Had to look him up. I loved seeing Joan Jett because it just took me back (tad more than) a few years. Again, a whole lot of fun.

Watch closely - last few seconds when Paul is strumming and there is no sound.  But yes - he did seem to be enjoying himself and hiring Joan Jett for this particular Show was pretty cool.  The West got even luckier with Paul Rodgers in Seattle.

way too much going on to tell who was plugged in the mix or wasn't if you ask me.

Wow!  That was pretty blatant. lol