Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Pennella
Chris had a brief tenure with the TSO East Winter Tour and BLN. Chris has a great Christmas Album out called The Christmas Sessions. Ok it is a Christmas album but there are three good non-Christmas songs on it: Edelweiss from The Sound of Music, The River which I don't know anything about but is a great song, and the Leonard Cohen classic Hallelujah. I have seen better performances of this song by Chris on You Tube but I will take it. The best is from McLoone's Supper Club in NJ where it is just Chris and his Uncle Mike Pinnela of Symphony X on piano. Mike is a part of Chris's band and is an added bonus for me to hear him play. The cd itself is pretty cool in that it looks like an old vinyl album and the art work looks like art work from vinyl era albums. Chris says he is planning to put out a general music album out this year and do a tour. I don't know why Chris is not a bigger star or more known outside of the NJ/NY are although he has rave reviews from around the country and many sources. Like so many other ex-TSO he doesn't  need TSO and has moved on and is successful.  I hope he really hits it BIG he deserves it.
(01-09-2017, 06:45 AM)TSOd Wrote: Chris had a brief tenure with the TSO East Winter Tour and BLN. Chris has a great Christmas Album out called The Christmas Sessions. Ok it is a Christmas album but there are three good non-Christmas songs on it: Edelweiss from The Sound of Music, The River which I don't know anything about but is a great song, and the Leonard Cohen classic Hallelujah. I have seen better performances of this song by Chris on You Tube but I will take it. The best is from McLoone's Supper Club in NJ where it is just Chris and his Uncle Mike Pinnela of Symphony X on piano. Mike is a part of Chris's band and is an added bonus for me to hear him play. The cd itself is pretty cool in that it looks like an old vinyl album and the art work looks like art work from vinyl era albums. Chris says he is planning to put out a general music album out this year and do a tour. I don't know why Chris is not a bigger star or more known outside of the NJ/NY are although he has rave reviews from around the country and many sources. Like so many other ex-TSO he doesn't  need TSO and has moved on and is successful.  I hope he really hits it BIG he deserves it.

Indeed. I have seen Chris Pinnella sing in concert many times - such a pro and such an amazing voice. That Christmas release is very, very good (even better than the Christmas EP he released earlier). Always a treat to hear him sing. He and Chloe Lowery have teamed up several times as well and performed together a few times over the last year, with more performances on the horizon!
(01-09-2017, 12:33 PM)danfromnj Wrote:
(01-09-2017, 06:45 AM)TSOd Wrote: Chris had a brief tenure with the TSO East Winter Tour and BLN. Chris has a great Christmas Album out called The Christmas Sessions. Ok it is a Christmas album but there are three good non-Christmas songs on it: Edelweiss from The Sound of Music, The River which I don't know anything about but is a great song, and the Leonard Cohen classic Hallelujah. I have seen better performances of this song by Chris on You Tube but I will take it. The best is from McLoone's Supper Club in NJ where it is just Chris and his Uncle Mike Pinnela of Symphony X on piano. Mike is a part of Chris's band and is an added bonus for me to hear him play. The cd itself is pretty cool in that it looks like an old vinyl album and the art work looks like art work from vinyl era albums. Chris says he is planning to put out a general music album out this year and do a tour. I don't know why Chris is not a bigger star or more known outside of the NJ/NY are although he has rave reviews from around the country and many sources. Like so many other ex-TSO he doesn't  need TSO and has moved on and is successful.  I hope he really hits it BIG he deserves it.

Indeed.  I have seen Chris Pinnella sing in concert many times - such a pro and such an amazing voice.  That Christmas release is very, very good (even better than the Christmas EP he released earlier).  Always a treat to hear him sing.  He and Chloe Lowery have teamed up several times as well and performed together a few times over the last year, with more performances on the horizon!
lucky you-I have seen videos of Chris and Chloe performing.