Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob Kinkel
Those first few TSO albums are really something special. Nice to see the credit rightfully acknowledged by The Buffalo News. Though he continues sharing his genius with others, Bob Kinkel's magical musical touch is greatly missed from TSO.

From http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/31/8-less...nnections/ :

"The holiday season just wrapped, which means you have been hearing the orchestral-meets-metal tones of Trans-Siberian Orchestra for, oh, about two or three months now. The uniqueness of TSO is a tribute to the vision of the group’s chief wildly creative visionary, Paul O’Neill. But the ubiquity of TSO can largely be credited to one of O’Neill’s co-creators, Williamsville native Robert Kinkel.

A physics major-turned-musician, Kinkel was next to O’Neill from the early days of TSO in the mid-1990s. O’Neill would envision genre-bending musical ideas and voice them in a series of esoteric DAH-da-das and RAH-tuh-tuh-tuh-tas.

Kinkel had a talent for absorbing O’Neill’s vision and arranging it in a way that could be recorded in studio and played live by two dozen TSO performers

“I call him a musical translator,” said TSO keyboardist Mee Eun Kim.

Every Paul O’Neill needs a Bob Kinkel: O’Neill had the vision; Kinkel had the ability to make the vision real.

Kinkel found his fit, and positioned him to play a role in music history."

Paul has continued releasing TSO music without Bob's involvement, but they are just not the same anymore. :-(
(01-12-2017, 02:22 AM)danfromnj Wrote: Those first few TSO albums are really something special. Nice to see the credit rightfully acknowledged by The Buffalo News. Though he continues sharing his genius with others, Bob Kinkel's magical musical touch is greatly missed from TSO.

From http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/31/8-less...nnections/ :

"The holiday season just wrapped, which means you have been hearing the orchestral-meets-metal tones of Trans-Siberian Orchestra for, oh, about two or three months now. The uniqueness of TSO is a tribute to the vision of the group’s chief wildly creative visionary, Paul O’Neill. But the ubiquity of TSO can largely be credited to one of O’Neill’s co-creators, Williamsville native Robert Kinkel.

A physics major-turned-musician, Kinkel was next to O’Neill from the early days of TSO in the mid-1990s. O’Neill would envision genre-bending musical ideas and voice them in a series of esoteric DAH-da-das and RAH-tuh-tuh-tuh-tas.

Kinkel had a talent for absorbing O’Neill’s vision and arranging it in a way that could be recorded in studio and played live by two dozen TSO performers

“I call him a musical translator,” said TSO keyboardist Mee Eun Kim.

Every Paul O’Neill needs a Bob Kinkel: O’Neill had the vision; Kinkel had the ability to make the vision real.

Kinkel found his fit, and positioned him to play a role in music history."

Paul has continued releasing TSO music without Bob's involvement, but they are just not the same anymore.  :-(
I read this interview a little ago and the thought occured  to me that Paul needs to bring Bob back onto the production team. I agree with your last statement and I have read others echo the same. Interesting comment there about Paul working with Bob for a Broadway show. Could this FINALLY be the Romanov Shy that has been in various stages of production for almost 20 years now; or could it be the top secret project Bob was sworn to secrecy about Running With the Passion of a Fairytale Moon that was a working title at one time?  Smile