Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guy LeMonnier talks TSO, Kings of Christmas, more in new interview
(02-11-2015, 12:08 AM)Savage_Dreams Wrote:
(02-10-2015, 12:27 PM)Kissguy1973 Wrote:
(02-10-2015, 11:27 AM)danfromnj Wrote: So from their point of view, why mess with what isn't broken by making them secondary and the lights/dancing/fire/hair what the show is about now?  As Michael Lanning stated, "What do lasers and fire and giant cranes have to do with Christmas?"  I can understand that.  

I understand where Michael is coming from, but we have to remember... TSO has become more than a "Christmas" act since he has been in it.  So why not the lasers, lights, and fire?  I can only speak for myself, but those things ARE still secondary to the music and the performers.... for me at least.  I have said it before and will say it again... I can see TSO with all the bells and whistles or in a club gig.  I can close or open my eyes and it is still about the music.  Take the iHeart Radio show they did for instance.  Sure there were a few lights, but it was the band stripped down for the most part.  They still killed it.

you kind of made the point right there. they can still kill it without the huge show. it was cool as the show got a bit bigger, but its way past the point now of being there to enhance the show. give me the old theater days anytime. back when the band interacted with the crowd for real.

i have some very great memories of things they did onstage before the big show. the spontaneous things and the real band interaction. i cant say i have really any from after that. when some songs contain the same moves and antics every night theres not much there for me to get excited about.

I get it...  I understand what you guys are saying.  Also, how much is enough?  How much more can they do?  I also understand missing the old theater days.  I am sure Pink Floyd fans said the same thing back in 70's.  What started as a theater act with one round visual screen behind them turned into pigs flying.... literally.   Same thing with Kiss, Metallica, or any band for that matter. I am a huge Kiss fan... and personally... I would prefer they tour 3000 seaters with a Dressed To Kill/Alive! replica stage.  Just amps and chaser lights.  The show today is ridiculous (I think the spider is pretty stupid).  So again... I get it.

Unfortunately, I never got to see TSO during the theater days... so all I know is the enormous show they have now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guy LeMonnier talks TSO, Kings of Christmas, more in new interview - by Kissguy1973 - 02-11-2015, 12:31 AM