Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guy LeMonnier talks TSO, Kings of Christmas, more in new interview
Oh SQUINTY4E .... I know because I'm working part-time and it's overly snowy up here in Maine that I'm waaaay too homebound, but you are doing WAY too good at finding me entertainment! Are you charging for the hour for your services?

(02-12-2015, 03:29 PM)squintyt4e Wrote: I don't have a lot of interest in Al's pre-Savatage career to be honest, so I have no idea what he's said prior to his time with Savatage/TSO. I can't speak to that.

What are you talking about??!! You're quoting me wrong. I never put anywhere in my post anything about Savatage. You can see - going back - that in the quote you excerpted I'm talking about TSO not Sava. Are you implying that because I mentioned TSO I'm also talking about Sava? They are not the same band, unless you feel that when I mention TSO I'm also talking about JOP and Doctor Butcher and the first CIIC album and O'2L, since all these are full of mostly Sava/TSO members? Ugh, that will really make conversations confusing! Even if TSO plays the same music and has many of the same members, they are - in 2015 - very distinct entities. Sava is dead, but soon to do a reunion show (and sadly without the "current" singer of Damond).

As you can read in the excerpt you pulled up what I actually wrote was "until TSO" NOT "until Sava" which you are implying. My point was Al's story was one thing from the beginning of his career THROUGH Sava AND THEN WITH TSO things changed and suddenly band members started echoing each other when the band split into two companies. So, if you have an interest in his Sava career and have read Sava but non-TSO interviews (or even interviews while he was in Megadeth) then you HAVE seen a difference so you CAN speak to that.

Please make sure to quote me correctly and read what I actually wrote and not what you think I wrote to avoid answering something you realize you don't know about in the terms I'm discussing, or that you are seeing only the small picture and realize there might be more (or as I say, cracks in the wall). I find it annoying when someone changes my quote to make a point, which is an invalid point because they're responding their own point, not mine and essentially pushing me off and ignoring me. But, I'm thinking you ARE aiming for a political career? Obama might need a scriptwriter .... He does have a habit of going off teleprompter.

It's pretty obvious you changed words in my post to avoid answering me. It's not appreciated. It's also a great way to silence my dissenting opinion, since you feel like by misquoting me you can kill the conversation. Please don't. But, it's interesting as in my last point I showed how you misquoted yourself and now you misquote me! I am impressed by your skills!

Basically, I'm looking at a big picture over many bands and many decades and see issues. You're looking at a situation that I believe is being controlled and see no issue. Of course you see no issue! Duh! You're not doing the research. Most people won't either and most people won't see the contradictions. That's called great PR. The PR sounds good to you, you don't look at the bigger picture, and thus management is able to perfectly mold the perception of things ... even if to some of us it sounds faked. It's as faked as saying Alice Cooper's name comes from an English witch put to death (which all the members have said was made-up) or that Paul (McCartney, you know the guy that potentially might be famous after working with Kanye "The Saviour" West) is dead.

(02-12-2015, 03:29 PM)squintyt4e Wrote: I haven't run across a lot of variety, maybe I'm reading or listening to the wrong things. And I've not run across anyone who has refused to speak for fear of going off script. I've had formal interviews with 10+ members and haven't had an issue nor have come across wildly differing stories.

You know in my last post I said you might be aiming for a law degree? Nah, your logic skills aren't good enough.

1. Nobody in any interview is going to say they are afraid of speaking for going off script. I'll will pay you if you can find an interview that says that. How about $50 per interview from TSO members that says they can't speak? Paypal? I don't have your e-mail.
2. I can name (but won't publicly) numerous people who have done interviews and have requested that the interview be approved before publishing and have removed negative things from interviews after the fact. Some of them have told people I know and others have told me directly they chose to tone it down. One told me just last month that he toned an interview down as the issues were behind him. I won't tell you who it is, for his privacy, but in a couple months I'll have my birthday and we'll both me 38.
3. The fact that you have interviewed 10+ CURRENT members who DON'T have "wildly" different stories PROVES my point. My point is the stories are the same and that is strange, particularly as the stories haven't changed since 2000. I mean, every year Paul gets more lights and more fire. Having been a lighting designer at the rate he's going the rig should be more than the venue can hold. Let alone he says every year audiences are getting bigger. If that's the REAL case they'd have to build new stadiums. No, audiences went down and now they're going up again. While, all you have to do is look at any other band and see that members have wildly dissenting opinions and many bands have fallen apart or lost members because of it. It happens all the time. That's normal. TSO interviews are not. I can't think of another band that is so scripted, but as my point was, they are creating mythological stories for themselves and the band that are feel good.
4. If you've read any of Dan's interviews than you HAVE run across a lot of variety. He's done a lot of great insightful interviews. You should read them if you haven't. They make me jealous of any interview I've done they're so great. I wish I could dig in that much.
5. You've done "formal" interview with 10+ current members. Name a current member who is going to say the wrong thing to you in their interview and risk their job? How many past members have you interviewed who have no job to risk?

(02-12-2015, 03:29 PM)squintyt4e Wrote: As far as Paul goes there are no scripted questions because for those quick press interviews it doesn't matter what question is asked first, Paul runs the interview and talks from his talking points and then the interview is over. There are few in-depth interviews with TSO members out there. Definitely less than most artists. As far as the answers, I don't think the answers are for the interviewer in those cases, but for those who still don't have any idea who TSO is.

Remember, a lawyer is supposed to support THEIR client, not the other side. Thank you for confirming that the interviews ARE scripted! You're giving this as a defense saying the questions are not scripted, but that's not important. The answers come from talking points and talking points are scripted and that's my sad sad point.

As for why I don't care about the questions ... I post 2-3 interviews a month on my blog and have for years. I wouldn't be surprised if more than one journalist is doing what I do .... they change their question to fit the answer better. I know I've heard a few audio interviews with Paul where this is obviously not done and the answer doesn't match. I've done that more than once on my bi-monthly interviews blog when I transcribe. Changing my question makes the artist look better, because I'm not looking for a scoop. Actually, once the artist asked me to say we did it over skype and not e-mail, to make it look more conversational and then I added comments between his to make the Q&A e-mail not look like an e-mail.

So, you are basically implying there are no REAL in-depth interviews, because if the interview is for the new fan then the info gets rehashed over and over and that's my point. While I'm saying that even in the longer interviews the same talking points are hit. The answers all are within a pattern and get repeated ad nauseum and irregardless of the question none of the controversy ever gets discussed .... except by ex members who are under no obligation to stay the party line ... but you've said you've not read any of those since you've not "come across wildly differing stories." That's too bad. It makes the TSO picture so much more interesting.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guy LeMonnier talks TSO, Kings of Christmas, more in new interview - by aaroninmaine - 02-14-2015, 03:22 AM