Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guy LeMonnier talks TSO, Kings of Christmas, more in new interview
(02-12-2015, 03:05 AM)squintyt4e Wrote: It was almost like a music video without a crowd, I'm not sure if anyone onstage even looked in the crowds' direction from the stage.

(02-14-2015, 09:00 AM)MrWizard Wrote: ...I don't find the shows that interesting anymore.. It is too plodding and too plastic for me.

(02-14-2015, 10:49 AM)admin Wrote: After I saw them (east) this past tour, I felt very unfulfilled... I had seen it all before, heard it all before and felt guilty that I felt that way. They put on a great show but none of it feels authentic anymore. Strange, but honest, feeling.

These are the kinds of feelings that Guy was talking about when he said "If I had to sum the show up today, I would call it "plastic". "Plastic with moving parts". [Laughs] And I mean no offense to the performers, just the show today doesn't breathe like it used to." . And he is far from being disgruntled - he is just a professional performer being honest.

(02-16-2015, 08:47 AM)MikeNY Wrote: What an interesting thread!

First of all - what a great interview with Guy! Thanks to whoever did that. I love the perspective of folks who aren't just yes-men and gives you real insight into what goes on. I hear Al's interviews and they always start with"My boss Paul O'Neill....". It got me wondering though - he mentions the drama that surrounded his firing - but doesn't go much further. Its not my business, but any idea why he was fired? The dude has an amazing voice.

Thanks for the kind words, MikeNY! I often get a lot of positive feedback from my interviews, from fans and TSO performers alike, and this one was no different. Guy was so much fun to sit down with and discuss his career. His memories and joy of helping to build the TSO show into what it is today are very vivid and bring a big smile to his face. And that cow costume story is one for the ages. lol

And I agree - his voice is fantastic. If you can catch a Wizards of Winter show this fall, you will get to hear him sing live. As to why he was let go, I am aware of the specifics and the subsequent "hearsay" and "drama", but Guy said what he wanted to on the record and I agree that was the right way to go - he didn't want that to be the focal point of the interview.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guy LeMonnier talks TSO, Kings of Christmas, more in new interview - by danfromnj - 02-21-2015, 02:55 PM