Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guy LeMonnier talks TSO, Kings of Christmas, more in new interview
(02-18-2015, 12:53 AM)Tilly Wrote: Seems like all past, present, private, and public conversations kind of lead to the conclusion that the argument of this topic will never change anyone's opinion regardless of which side one falls on or what points are made. Kind of beating a dead horse, but to each their own.

I just thought it was more like inaccurate representations that has nothing to do with opinion. If you say that Sava had a major light show at their height, but none of us have ever seen any so-called major light show, that's more like trying to figure out facts. Opinion has nothing to do with it.
(02-18-2015, 01:44 AM)aaroninmaine Wrote:
(02-18-2015, 12:53 AM)Tilly Wrote: Seems like all past, present, private, and public conversations kind of lead to the conclusion that the argument of this topic will never change anyone's opinion regardless of which side one falls on or what points are made. Kind of beating a dead horse, but to each their own.

I just thought it was more like inaccurate representations that has nothing to do with opinion. If you say that Sava had a major light show at their height, but none of us have ever seen any so-called major light show, that's more like trying to figure out facts. Opinion has nothing to do with it.

In general and overall is what I was referring to. So much of this discussion-so many versions-is opinion of folks not running the show. Just not one who sees much benefit of dwelling on the past be it good, bad, or indifferent. Doesn't seem to be too productive. But that's just me.
(02-18-2015, 03:44 AM)Tilly Wrote: In general and overall is what I was referring to. So much of this discussion-so many versions-is opinion of folks not running the show.  Just not one who sees much benefit of dwelling on the past be it good, bad, or indifferent. Doesn't seem to be too productive. But that's just me.

Amen! I have been trying to focus on positive lately, so dwelling on some of this is not in my realm lately. Unfortunately, I am usually a "glass half empty" person and I have been trying to change that this year. Doesn't always work but I am getting better at it!
(02-19-2015, 01:03 AM)Kissguy1973 Wrote:
(02-18-2015, 03:44 AM)Tilly Wrote: In general and overall is what I was referring to. So much of this discussion-so many versions-is opinion of folks not running the show.  Just not one who sees much benefit of dwelling on the past be it good, bad, or indifferent. Doesn't seem to be too productive. But that's just me.

Amen! I have been trying to focus on positive lately, so dwelling on some of this is not in my realm lately. Unfortunately, I am usually a "glass half empty" person and I have been trying to change that this year. Doesn't always work but I am getting better at it!

im not too bad at seeing the glass half full, but then my glass is always cracked!
(02-12-2015, 03:05 AM)squintyt4e Wrote: It was almost like a music video without a crowd, I'm not sure if anyone onstage even looked in the crowds' direction from the stage.

(02-14-2015, 09:00 AM)MrWizard Wrote: ...I don't find the shows that interesting anymore.. It is too plodding and too plastic for me.

(02-14-2015, 10:49 AM)admin Wrote: After I saw them (east) this past tour, I felt very unfulfilled... I had seen it all before, heard it all before and felt guilty that I felt that way. They put on a great show but none of it feels authentic anymore. Strange, but honest, feeling.

These are the kinds of feelings that Guy was talking about when he said "If I had to sum the show up today, I would call it "plastic". "Plastic with moving parts". [Laughs] And I mean no offense to the performers, just the show today doesn't breathe like it used to." . And he is far from being disgruntled - he is just a professional performer being honest.

(02-16-2015, 08:47 AM)MikeNY Wrote: What an interesting thread!

First of all - what a great interview with Guy! Thanks to whoever did that. I love the perspective of folks who aren't just yes-men and gives you real insight into what goes on. I hear Al's interviews and they always start with"My boss Paul O'Neill....". It got me wondering though - he mentions the drama that surrounded his firing - but doesn't go much further. Its not my business, but any idea why he was fired? The dude has an amazing voice.

Thanks for the kind words, MikeNY! I often get a lot of positive feedback from my interviews, from fans and TSO performers alike, and this one was no different. Guy was so much fun to sit down with and discuss his career. His memories and joy of helping to build the TSO show into what it is today are very vivid and bring a big smile to his face. And that cow costume story is one for the ages. lol

And I agree - his voice is fantastic. If you can catch a Wizards of Winter show this fall, you will get to hear him sing live. As to why he was let go, I am aware of the specifics and the subsequent "hearsay" and "drama", but Guy said what he wanted to on the record and I agree that was the right way to go - he didn't want that to be the focal point of the interview.
WELL.....I am late to this party.......and after a wonderful year away from BP and his frigging long winded posts. I know why I have been so frigging happy.....BP and his pure BS.....Somethings never change....BP here to tell you why all of you are wrong and I am right cause my name is BP and BP said this and BP said that and my name is BP and BP is right.......I am BP and let me write a frigging novel on a simple thread board.....See me and hear me and read my ram it down your throat BS posts......Arrogance.....an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions.........
(02-23-2015, 08:02 AM)Sarajevo12/24 Wrote: WELL.....I am late to this party.......and after a wonderful year away from BP and his frigging long winded posts. I know why I have been so frigging happy.....BP and his pure BS.....Somethings never change....BP here to tell you why all of you are wrong and I am right cause my name is BP and  BP said this and BP said that and my name is BP and BP is right.......I am BP and let me write a frigging novel on a simple thread board.....See me and hear me and read my ram it down your throat BS posts......Arrogance.....an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions.........

Sarajevo 12/24 ... I think we were made for each other. Would you be my new best friend? LMFAO

Having seen myself and many friends kicked off of forums and run through the mud because we disagreed with BP ..... you have made me very happy. I might have to you have talk to my girlfriend as she's not been making me happy recently. Maybe you can school her.

I mean, BP and Gene Simmons ... the two people whose tongues wag a lot but have nothing valid to say but think the world is listening. I'm planning on sending BP a napkin so he can wipe the fan boy drool from his lips. Actually, I had Maxx Mann on the phone last night and he said to me what he always loved about me is I don't drool. I treat these guys like people not like heroes, quite the opposite of BP.
Someone said to me the other day Al Pitrelli is my icon and my favorite guitarist. I said not really. My icon is Doctor Who and my favorite guitarist Richie Blackmore.
(02-23-2015, 08:37 AM)aaroninmaine Wrote: I mean, BP and Gene Simmons ... the two people whose tongues wag a lot but have nothing valid to say but think the world is listening.

but at least with Gene, even if you dont agree with him its usually fairly entertaining to watch him try to get both feet in his mouth Wink
(02-23-2015, 08:02 AM)Sarajevo12/24 Wrote: WELL.....I am late to this party.......and after a wonderful year away from BP and his frigging long winded posts. I know why I have been so frigging happy.....BP and his pure BS.....Somethings never change....BP here to tell you why all of you are wrong and I am right cause my name is BP and  BP said this and BP said that and my name is BP and BP is right.......I am BP and let me write a frigging novel on a simple thread board.....See me and hear me and read my ram it down your throat BS posts......Arrogance.....an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions.........

Lighten up Francis.  I don't think Brad was trying to tell anyone they were wrong.  He was just trying to express his opinion on things.  Much like some of us, but just in more words.  I wish I could write a piece on my opinion but quite frankly, I just can't focus for that long.  If you see a long post from Brad or anyone else, simply don't read it!

Seriously though... do we need to go down this road again?  It's not worth it.
(02-21-2015, 02:55 PM)danfromnj Wrote: As to why he was let go, I am aware of the specifics and the subsequent "hearsay" and "drama", but Guy said what he wanted to on the record and I agree that was the right way to go - he didn't want that to be the focal point of the interview.

Fair enough. Like I said, it isn't my business.  It is a shame that behind the scenes of TSO is such a trainwreck.

I went back and read through your other TSO interviews - great stuff man! Love the questions you ask. Can you say who is next?

(02-23-2015, 10:41 AM)Kissguy1973 Wrote:

Lighten up Francis.  I don't think Brad was trying to tell anyone they were wrong.  He was just trying to express his opinion on things.  Much like some of us, but just in more words.  I wish I could write a piece on my opinion but quite frankly, I just can't focus for that long.  If you see a long post from Brad or anyone else, simply don't read it!

I am fairly new here, but yeah - this squinty/BP person certainly comes off pretty condescending, arrogant and long-winded - he talks to us like we all need his explanations (aka opinions). I will try and take Kissguy's advice and not read his posts anymore.  Everyone else here seems pretty cool though!