Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guy LeMonnier talks TSO, Kings of Christmas, more in new interview
(01-27-2015, 11:03 AM)Kissguy1973 Wrote: I get why Alex left... creativity and all that. Hated to see him go. However, I don't blame him one bit because he probably wasn't going to have a lot of input if any. I am glad I haven't read anything about him thrashing TSO management, etc.

Alex spoke pretty plainly about his leaving in a 2011 interview:

"The Gauntlet: I thought you stepped away from TSO to have more time for you, but it seems like you are busier than ever.

Alex: That is right. I stepped away indefinitely and I have been so busy with so many cool things. None of them are as big as TSO. It is such a big production and big venues with tons of people. It is really more about the show than the people in the show. Keep in mind I have done it nine times. It isn’t like I haven’t gotten the experience. I know the deal and I know what it is like. I had a great time doing it and it was very educational. A show like that helps you. I am very grateful for the opportunity but I am also at a point in my life where I am more interested in doing things that are more about the people performing. I want to be an individual, even if it is smaller. I would rather have a bigger role in a smaller show than a tiny role in a huge show. Some people point to it and say it isn’t a tiny role and they come to see the show for me and my features, but the majority of the show is about a lighting rig. It is a three hour show and there are times where you are playing and their are dancing girls, explosions and platforms rising. It is awesome. But sometimes when you play you want it to be about the music.

The Gauntlet: So you don’t want the same billing as a rising platform?

Alex: A platform! Exactly! Or a laser. We all had our fans. The men would be ogling over the girls and us guys had our share of female fans; although they were usually much older and with their husbands.
"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guy LeMonnier talks TSO, Kings of Christmas, more in new interview - by danfromnj - 01-30-2015, 05:43 AM