Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul O'Neill
Bummer that he was abusing those drugs. Addiction happens everywhere, I suppose. He sure knew how to put a band together!
(04-09-2017, 04:23 AM)TSOd Wrote:
(04-06-2017, 12:27 PM)NancyL Wrote: Per the TSO Facebook page Paul O'Neill has passed away from a chronic illness.

WHY isn't this board FILLED with condolences tributes memories of Paul like the Facebook pages are? One can spend hours reading these and can bring tears as well as smiles. The Facebook pages were and are laughed at for being where the groupies are and for non-intelligent, or stimulating TSO conversation. Well I'll tell you Facebook is where the REAL FANS are now and has this so called intelligent stimulating Board of TSO "fans" lol beat by a long shot. Yes I am a groupie and proud to admit it. Yes I like intelligent stimulating TSO conversation too but I have not found it here up to now and certainly not now. There are people here on this Board who will not have Paul and TSO to kick around anymore.  Angry   Sad

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a story for you...

Paul O'Neill was a very generous man. I know this first hand. We have been going to see TSO every year for probably 12 years now. We go with my friend and his family. About 6 years ago my friend took his young son to the restroom. As they were walking in, they met Paul walking out! Paul stopped them and said to my friend's son who was maybe 6 at the time, "What's your name?" He said "Damien!" Then Paul said "Wow... I fell asleep on the plane on my way down here from New York, and I had a dream I'd meet a boy named Damien at the show tonight. You must be him!" Paul said here, I want you to have something. Then Paul gave him an 1860's quarter, an autographed show program, and five $100 bills! My buddy was just stunned.

Two years later we had floor seats. My buddy had front row center, and we were in the row behind him. At the end of that show, Paul again picked out Damien and threw him his pair of sunglass and gave him his leather jacket with $400 in the pocket.

Paul definitely had a huge heart. I wish people knew more about that side of him. We have tickets for the show in Tampa again this year on Dec 17th. It's going to be a very sad afternoon for those of us who know what he means to the band and to our community. To not see him on stage this year is going to be soul crushing.
(06-01-2017, 06:54 AM)danfromnj Wrote:
(06-01-2017, 04:43 AM)admin Wrote: I thought that Paul had a lot of money and had some type of impressive residence in Tampa.  Why did he end up at an Embassy Suites in Tampa if that is the case?

Good question - the hotel he was checked into was six miles from his home.  Dodgy

He was with his daughter as I understand it. At least that's what they reported here in Tampa at the time. So I'm guessing he wasn't there for any nefarious reason. Probably conducting business and he didn't want to do it at his home. A six mile drive in this town can take an hour if you try it at the wrong time of day. If someone flew in to meet him for business, the hotel meeting makes perfect sense.
(06-03-2017, 11:28 AM)MikeNY Wrote: Bummer that he was abusing those drugs. Addiction happens everywhere, I suppose.  He sure knew how to put a band together!

The real tragedy would be if people only remembered him for the way he left the world, and not HOW he left the world.
(11-22-2017, 10:32 AM)RickInTampa Wrote:
(06-01-2017, 06:54 AM)danfromnj Wrote:
(06-01-2017, 04:43 AM)admin Wrote: I thought that Paul had a lot of money and had some type of impressive residence in Tampa.  Why did he end up at an Embassy Suites in Tampa if that is the case?

Good question - the hotel he was checked into was six miles from his home.  Dodgy

He was with his daughter as I understand it. At least that's what they reported here in Tampa at the time. So I'm guessing he wasn't there for any nefarious reason. Probably conducting business and he didn't want to do it at his home. A six mile drive in this town can take an hour if you try it at the wrong time of day. If someone flew in to meet him for business, the hotel meeting makes perfect sense.

It was reported that his daughter dropped him off to the hotel earlier in the day and was called to accompany the hotel staff and University Police when they broke into the room.  Nothing official was released as to why he was there or who he was with.