Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will TSO tour this year?
I can't see them stopping the TSO machine.  What does everyone else think?

Paul had a lot of long running projects that he never completed.  I wonder if Jon Oliva will take over or if they will ever see completion.
(06-01-2017, 02:22 AM)admin Wrote: I can't see them stopping the TSO machine.  What does everyone else think?

Paul had a lot of long running projects that he never completed.  I wonder if Jon Oliva will take over or if they will ever see completion.

I can't imagine them stopping BUT.... I see where lots of folks are asking the various band members & there's simply no response. Right now, I don't think anyone knows. But I can't help but imagine there's all kinds of scrambling going on behind the scenes!!!!
I would think they will this year as a tribute to Paul. My guess is that a large part of the planning for the tour was already underway or completed at the time of his death. Beyond this year though, I'd say all bets are off.
Hoping they do, but at the same time I won't be upset if they don't. Who knows maybe will get some live dvd's/blue rays in honor of Paul past tours if they decide to take the year off.
Planning was underway before his death to roll out the Ghosts story once again this year. With Paul's death, there is much for them to sort out both legally and logistically and that is what is happening now. The band members have had no response because there isn't one right now.
There's usually no news this time of year if I remember correctly. When we get to mid to late August and we've still haven't heard anything, then we can worry a little bit.
I hope they do tour but I can understand if they don't. It's not a slam-dunk that they will tour this year, thats for sure.
(06-01-2017, 07:00 AM)danfromnj Wrote: Planning was underway before his death to roll out the Ghosts story once again this year.  With Paul's death, there is much for them to sort out both legally and logistically and that is what is happening now.  The band members have had no response because there isn't one right now.

Of all the shows Ghosts was my least favorite (as is true with the majority of fans I think). One thing that would be good about it is it's shorter than the others leaving more room for other songs. I would hope some of the rarer songs would get played this time around. I would think there is a lot to consider for the band members in regards to unfinished projects. If they actually took the year off to concentrate on the Gutter Ballet and Romonov projects I'd be more than happy with that decision. Consider it their moment of silence. If they do decide to tour it would make sense to just bring back the same stage setup and everything. The big question would be who now leads this group. Jon? Al? Derek? Not sure who knows more about those concepts. Obviously Jon would be closest to the Gutter project.
IMO, I would think that it needs to be decided pretty quickly. The members need to know how to schedule bookings. Without any assurances, they will need to look out for their own income. That being said, I really think that if it doesn't happen this year, there will be a massive scattering of talent and I don't really see a tight group in the future, much less two groups. Either way, it will not be the same, good or bad, because the center of it all has gone. The vision won't be the same. We are all created too differently to see things the same.
I agree with Lalbright. That's been the big thing on my mind is that even skipping one year can throw off the entire operation because of the musicians, singers, road crew, everyone on both sides. TSO was a guarantee for the past seventeen years that it would tour every winter so people made their schedules open in November, December, and even the beginning of January. That, in my eyes, brings an end to Trans-Siberian Orchestra as we know it with the east and west groups if even one year was skipped. Heck, it wouldn't just bring down the operation, it would more than likely downsize it as well (which I don't see as a bad thing personally... less is more for me). If the band does continue to tour after a hiatus, it'll be only one group.