Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reviews of the 2017 tour
(12-08-2017, 05:30 AM)Lalbright Wrote: You should see Straight No Chaser in Louisville or Cincinnati next year!  They are a hoot! I think most of us have diverse tastes in music.....I love Broadway musicals too!

They're on my wish list for sure. I really like their music.

And you will NOT believe this... Home Free does an intermission about halfway thru their show to encourage you to buy t-shirts, give their voices a break, etc. During said intermission, they have music playing thru the speakers.... Last night, the 2nd song to come thru was "Christmas Eve Sarajevo" by TSO. My husband & I absolutely cracked up! People around us were looking at us like "WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM???????" He looked at a guy who was sitting really close to us giving us the hairy eyeball & just said "It was a lot LOUDER last Thursday....."
Hi from your newest member of these boards, been a registered fan for some time.   I have 'worshiped' from afar for many years.   I am from the UK where I live permanently now but spent some of my middle age years working in Orlando (I am now 71)   During that time I saw the TV show from 1999 and never, ever forgot it!!   Our own Michael Crawford was in the show and it was the first time I personally knew he could sing!!! Back in the day he was known in the UK as a comedian.  Over the years I purchased all of the TSO CDs but was never in the right place at the right time to see them live.

That all changed this year - I was at the Orlando show on Saturday having made the journey from the UK especially for the show.

I was not dissapointed, I was absolutely spellbound and glued to my seat eyes wide open in admiration.   Having never seen a previous live performance I have nothing with which to compare, but to say it ranks as possibly one of the best, if not the best live show I have ever seen, and through the years I have seen some shows!!!! even been involved for a few years with the worlds first pop/opera band, Amici Forever, as a personal friend of the band members and a moderator on their Board.

My sister was with me on Saturday and up until then she really did not know what the urgency and expense in travelling especially to see TSO was all about - now she is as smitten as me!!!

I would like to say a big thank you to all of the people involved in putting on such a great show, if only I had had the foresight years ago to become a follower in person rather than admire from afar - I have missed so much.

Not a Review as such, but just to say I loved all of it and health and wealth willing, we are already planning to come back next time they play live at Christmas, hopefully 2018.
(12-19-2017, 11:45 AM)amicipat Wrote: Hi from your newest member of these boards, been a registered fan for some time.   I have 'worshiped' from afar for many years.   I am from the UK where I live permanently now but spent some of my middle age years working in Orlando (I am now 71)   During that time I saw the TV show from 1999 and never, ever forgot it!!   Our own Michael Crawford was in the show and it was the first time I personally knew he could sing!!! Back in the day he was known in the UK as a comedian.  Over the years I purchased all of the TSO CDs but was never in the right place at the right time to see them live.

That all changed this year - I was at the Orlando show on Saturday having made the journey from the UK especially for the show.

I was not dissapointed, I was absolutely spellbound and glued to my seat eyes wide open in admiration.   Having never seen a previous live performance I have nothing with which to compare, but to say it ranks as possibly one of the best, if not the best live show I have ever seen, and through the years I have seen some shows!!!! even been involved for a few years with the worlds first pop/opera band, Amici Forever, as a personal friend of the band members and a moderator on their Board.

My sister was with me on Saturday and up until then she really did not know what the urgency and expense in travelling especially to see TSO was all about - now she is as smitten as me!!!

I would like to say a big thank you to all of the people involved in putting on such a great show, if only I had had the foresight years ago to become a follower in person rather than admire from afar - I have missed so much.

Not a Review as such, but just to say I loved all of it and health and wealth willing, we are already planning to come back next time they play live at Christmas, hopefully 2018.

God Bless you...you will never see a better show than a TSO concert.
Went to Trans Siberian Orchestra.  3rd time seeing them (2001, 2008, 2017).

Their show changed a lot from 2001 to 2008.  This 2017 show was similar to 2008.

I would have liked to hear "Midnight Christmas Eve" or "The Music Box".  Other than that, I liked the sound and visuals.  Great show.

Afterwards, the band autographed my trilogy box set case.  That was cool.

Pics (view from a computer):

https://imgur.com/a/cyxOF/layout/grid

Setlist:
  1. Time and Distance (The Dash)
  2. Winter Palace
  3. The Lost Christmas Eve
The Ghosts of Christmas Eve
  1. O Come All Ye Faithful/O Holy Night
  2. Good King Joy
  3. Christmas Dreams
  4. Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24) (Savatage cover)
  5. Christmas Canon Rock
  6. What Child Is This?
  7. Music Box Blues
  8. First Snow
  9. Promises to Keep
  10. This Christmas Day
  1. Siberian Sleigh Ride
  2. Christmas Nights in Blue
  3. A Mad Russian's Christmas
  4. For the Sake of Our Brother
  5. Wizards in Winter
  6. Madness of Men
  7. Beethoven
  8. Carmina Burana
  9. The Safest Way Into Tomorrow
  10. The Night Conceives
  11. The Mountain
  12. Find Our Way Home
  13. Requiem (The Fifth)
  14. Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24) (Reprise) (Savatage cover)

Audio Recordings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah1MnxPQB3M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9y28L76cmw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXJ-etmXgbM&t=105s