Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd souvenir (stage-used?) - can anyone help me identify this?
I just saw TSO in Worcester MA last night, and through some bizarre twist of fate I wound up with a front row seat?? Great show as usual (i think this was my fourth TSO show?), but being that close to the stage made the experience MUCH more immersive than any other concert I've ever been to - then again, I've only ever had nosebleed seats. I mean, the difference was like night and day! I could actually see the strings on the guitars, man! But I digress.

Once the show ended I stuck around for a bit, waited for the crowds to clear out, watched the crew breaking down the stage. But once I got up to leave, something caught my eye - on the floor in front of the stage, just past where those waist-high curtain-barrier things were a moment ago, there was this crumpled piece of paper that looked like it had writing on it. Was it a set list? A cue card? A label that had fallen off of some piece of gear? Whatever it was, it was clearly some small part of the show and must have had an interesting story behind it, so I quickly grabbed it and shoved it in my pocket without thinking twice.

Then I finally got home and looked at it, and... well, see for yourself:

[Image: 4NXd3MH.png]

A quick Google search tells me these are lyrics from the narrated version of Lost Christmas Eve, so maybe this is one of the Narrator's cue cards? But I managed to find the entirety of last night's show on YouTube (that was quick!) and skipped through and re-watched all the Narrator segments to find out when (or if) he said these lines, but they don't come up at all. So now I'm turning to you guys, because it looks like there really IS a tale to be told here - does anyone out there know what this is?
No idea, but cool story and souvenir.
Angel  I have sat up front so much, I'd have a hard time going too far back!  I love seeing facial expressions and well, spit flying!  

I have front row for the matinee performance in Cincinnati.  I'll look around and see if I can find this very interesting piece of paper!
(11-26-2017, 04:48 AM)10carmoc Wrote: I just saw TSO in Worcester MA last night, and through some bizarre twist of fate I wound up with a front row seat?? Great show as usual (i think this was my fourth TSO show?), but being that close to the stage made the experience MUCH more immersive than any other concert I've ever been to - then again, I've only ever had nosebleed seats. I mean, the difference was like night and day! I could actually see the strings on the guitars, man! But I digress.

Once the show ended I stuck around for a bit, waited for the crowds to clear out, watched the crew breaking down the stage. But once I got up to leave, something caught my eye - on the floor in front of the stage, just past where those waist-high curtain-barrier things were a moment ago, there was this crumpled piece of paper that looked like it had writing on it. Was it a set list? A cue card? A label that had fallen off of some piece of gear? Whatever it was, it was clearly some small part of the show and must have had an interesting story behind it, so I quickly grabbed it and shoved it in my pocket without thinking twice.

Then I finally got home and looked at it, and... well, see for yourself:

[Image: 4NXd3MH.png]

A quick Google search tells me these are lyrics from the narrated version of Lost Christmas Eve, so maybe this is one of the Narrator's cue cards? But I managed to find the entirety of last night's show on YouTube (that was quick!) and skipped through and re-watched all the Narrator segments to find out when (or if) he said these lines, but they don't come up at all. So now I'm turning to you guys, because it looks like there really IS a tale to be told here - does anyone out there know what this is?

It's one of 6 different pieces of confetti that was shot out of the confetti canons at midnight in Cleveland last year at the tour closer on NYE. See video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epQIokOJ6RM - you can see them around 2 minutes in on that video and I'm holding one as another flutters by. Then at the end of the video there's some footage of them scattered on the floor of the venue. One must have been folded up in the black banners or equipment or road case and found it's way out onto the Worcester floor! Both Worcester shows are up in full on YouTube as well if you're interested - http://www.youtube.com/user/squintyt4e - look under playlists and it's there along with Erie, Wilkes-Barre, Manchester and soon to be Uncasville. Enjoy!