Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knock off bands
Time to bitch.  Does it seem to anyone else that live music is moving towards a caste system?  

I'll use Brucie Springsteen (can't stand him) as an example his concert tickets run in to the hundreds and hundreds of dollars right?

However, for those of us not so monetarily endowed, there's Tramps Like Us.  Then you have all the other pitiful tributes, The Machine, Kick it Out, Splintered Sunlight, yada, yada, yada.

To me it's like a caste system, too poor to afford the real thing (at ungodly inflated prices) you can have the next best thing.  Or maybe it's the next, next, next best thing.
The story goes that bands are not making any money on albums anymore so they need to get every dime they can from live performances and $50 t-shirts. I would say someone like Bruce should be pretty well off by now and many of his fans are older and can afford to go, if for nothing more than status.
(05-25-2016, 12:20 PM)admin Wrote: The story goes that bands are not making any money on albums anymore so they need to get every dime they can from live performances and $50 t-shirts.  I would say someone like Bruce should be pretty well off by now and many of his fans are older and can afford to go, if for nothing more than status.

I have to be honest... I don't get the whole Bruce or "The Boss" allure. Never did anything for me and I grew up in the Tri State area. I don't care for his voice at all. He has a few good songs, but that's it for me. I have had some folks say you need to go to the show to "get it". Been there, done that now... not impressed. Sure the die-hards were into it, but I still didn't "get it". Not knocking Bruce fans, God bless 'em and their dedication... he's just not for me!