Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you discover TSO?
Back in 2008, I'd heard Wizards in Winter & Sarajevo on the radio & really liked the sound. Picked up the Christmas trilogy for my husband when I caught it on sale CHEAP & we were both just blown away by the sound. Just so happened, they were getting ready to play Lexington KY so I jumped online and grabbed tickets for the family. The seats were horrible - back corner of the arena & one of the lights from the stage darned near burned our eyes out so we coudln't see half the show. But the sound.... and the spectacle...

The tradition began...

A few months later, I stumbled onto the Beethoven CD online & ordered it and OH MY GOSH... If I hadn't already been hooked, I sure would have then. It was, and still is, my favorite!!! So when they announced that they were actually going to tour with it, I was ecstatic! Got tickets for the premier in Cincinnati, let the kids skip school, my husband called in sick to work, and we ROAD TRIPPED to the most awesome TSO show I've ever seen..... JSS brought the house down - I think my husband was one of the first on his feet giving him the first of 2 standing ovations that night. The depth and breadth of Rob's voice was just amazing. He'd hit a note & we were all like "HOW IN THE HE** CAN HE HOLD THAT?!?!!?!?!?" And... and.... and.... Paul O'Neil was sitting just a couple of rows behind us, along with Bob Kinkel (who I later ran into in the lobby as we were leaving but couldn't find the words to say hello).

We've seen every show since 2008, including all 3 years of Beethoven. Can't afford more than 1 a year but.... we've got several videos from he-who-was-known-as-ClemsonTiger-on-the-old-boards so we watch them year after year after year.

Messages In This Thread
How did you discover TSO? - by admin - 11-29-2017, 01:35 AM
RE: How did you discover TSO? - by Lalbright - 11-29-2017, 06:17 AM
RE: How did you discover TSO? - by wickfam - 11-29-2017, 07:41 AM
RE: How did you discover TSO? - by sundance7490 - 11-29-2017, 03:41 PM
RE: How did you discover TSO? - by Limelight - 12-09-2017, 08:17 AM
RE: How did you discover TSO? - by Flyer - 12-09-2017, 09:11 AM
RE: How did you discover TSO? - by Lalbright - 12-12-2017, 04:02 AM
RE: How did you discover TSO? - by Delilah Navy - 12-16-2017, 03:35 AM