Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Tour Opinion
The Ghosts of Christmas Eve Again! I pass again like last year. There are other contributing factors as well. I in effect have moved on after many years. I have made it through TSO withdrawal and survived. I have found new musical interests. Someone told me TSO has simply become a habit for many. I have to agree. For many it may have even become a psychological problem and an obsession if you will. Why would you keep seeing the same thing over and over and over etc etc? I will continue to listen to TSO because the music is awesome and follow what they are up to but from the sidelines from a distance. I do wish the band well and continued success. To the fans old and new going have fun.
Furthermore, since TSO is re-issuing The Christmas Attic why didn't they do The Christmas Attic this year? Oliva said last year "they were going to probably switch gears." They issued a cd of The Ghosts of Christmas Eve to coincide with the tour in 2015. TSO is drifting aimlessly and foundering.
(08-21-2018, 10:19 PM)TSOd Wrote: Furthermore, since TSO is re-issuing The Christmas Attic why didn't they do The Christmas Attic this year? Oliva said last year "they were going to probably switch gears." They issued a cd of The Ghosts of Christmas Eve to coincide with the tour in 2015. TSO is drifting aimlessly and foundering.

I'm kinda curious what the power dynamic is like right now that Paul's gone. Is Kinkel still really involved? Is Oliva? Or is it just Pitrelli calling the shots?

If I had to guess, no one has the gumption to come up with a "show" idea. Paul was probably the one thinking of the lighting, and the dragon, and the lion running toward the audience, and all of those other bells and whistles.
When Paul died my gut feeling was that they'd stagger along for a couple of years and then just fade away. It looks very much like that's what's happening.
(08-22-2018, 07:54 AM)NancyL Wrote: When Paul died my gut feeling was that they'd stagger along for a couple of years and then just fade away.  It looks very much like that's what's happening.

Really a sad thought to comprehend. Letters from the Labyrinth was not a great effort, either, but I always wanted them to finish Romanov and make a great comeback.