Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last year for Ghosts of Christmas Eve Show?
(12-15-2017, 04:31 PM)sundance7490 Wrote:
(12-15-2017, 04:12 AM)danfromnj Wrote: In a recent interview, Jon Oliva indicates that TSO will most likely switch gears in terms of its concert in 2018 so this may be the last year in quite some time that fans can experience “The Ghosts of Christmas Eve". And a possible new album to come?

"We’re going to discuss what we’ll do next year when we get together in January,” Oliva says. “So this is your chance to see ‘The Ghosts of Christmas Eve.’ We may move on from it. We’re also going to discuss the possibility of a new album."

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.com/e...ite-losses

This is some of the best news I've heard in a long time. I was getting a bit fearful that Ghosts was going to become our next CEAOS touring several years before anything new was done. And a new ALBUM?!?! Heck yes. There's seriously no reason Romanov shouldn't be done or Fairytale Moon if that's the one that Paul had handcuffed to himself in a briefcase when he was interviewed in-depth recently.
Get Romanov done once and for all! Geez it has been in various stages of production for 20 years now and was supposed to be the first TSO album. A few years ago Paul said Romanov and Gutter Ballet were both near completion. Sometime after that Oliva said it was still about two years away. I have on very good authority from a friend of mine  who talked to Paul personally in 2014 that Paul told him Romanov was going to be the next release and what do we get in 2015 but that half baked Letters From the Labyrinth a huge disappointment after 6 years if you ask me. I played it once and put it aside ho hum. The instrumentals are all brilliant classic TSO but the vocals were all very poor. Fairytale Moon is the one Paul said was complete on paper and was handcuffed to him in an interview 2016 sometime. In the same interview Paul said he was meeting with Bob Kinkel to maybe work again. Now Fairytale Moon has been a long rumored working title/project even when Bob was still with TSO. When Bob left TSO Bob said in an interview that he was sworn to secrecy about Fairytale Moon. Some leaked out on the TSO website(I saw it and said WHOA!)  when LFTL was released but quickly taken down and laughed off I think by Paul. At that point I  said Fairytale Moon was dead but apparently wasn't. Bob was also there with the Romanov project. Bob Kinkel is the man to get back on the production team to get these two albums out. I couldn't care less about Gutter Ballet. As far as a show, Nightcastle was being worked on. Paul was getting permission to use scenes of New York years ago and when LFTL came out it was said a world tour was planned.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last year for Ghosts of Christmas Eve Show? - by TSOd - 12-30-2017, 04:07 AM