Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know why Russell Allen did "For the Sake of our Brother" in Albany last night
instead of Lisa Lavie?

Just saw some video from the show & man, he blew it away!!!!!
(12-29-2017, 10:33 AM)wickfam Wrote: instead of Lisa Lavie?

Lisa was having a throat issue and didn't sing the two songs assigned to her. Ad yes, Russell did a great job on that one!
(12-29-2017, 11:42 AM)danfromnj Wrote:

Lisa was having a throat issue and didn't sing the two songs assigned to her.  Ad yes, Russell did a great job on that one!

You're not only kidding! What a beautiful job Russell did! Besides Find Our Way Home, this may very well be my favorite of his I've seen with TSO. What an incredible voice he has with an amazing range and never really a chance to let his subtle talent shine through. I'm so happy he got this opportunity to really just sing.

Lisa was having a throat issue and didn't sing the two songs assigned to her.  Ad yes, Russell did a great job on that one!

Apparently she had throat issues yet in Cleveland and Columbus too where Russell sang Brother also but she was on stage in Columbus. What's up with that? Silent protest maybe of some sort?
(12-29-2017, 01:01 PM)sundance7490 Wrote:

You're not only kidding! What a beautiful job Russell did! Besides Find Our Way Home, this may very well be my favorite of his I've seen with TSO. What an incredible voice he has with an amazing range and never really a chance to let his subtle talent shine through. I'm so happy he got this opportunity to really just sing.

Those performances of For The Sake Of Our Brother by Sir Russell in Albany Cleveland Columbus will go down in history never to be forgotten and be talked about for years as someone so rightly said. Daryl sang FTSOOB  on TLCE. Someone also said Daryl was there in the person of Russell and I have to agree.
(01-02-2018, 02:33 AM)TSOd Wrote:

Apparently she had throat issues yet in Cleveland and Columbus too where Russell sang Brother also but she was on stage in Columbus. What's up with that? Silent protest maybe of some sort?

Reports are she had a limited vocal range so could do backup singing, but not the leads. In Albany Lisa and 2 members of the band did not do the signing line. I'm assuming many of them were not feeling well at that point.