Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex Skolnick talks Savatage, TSO in new interview
(01-03-2018, 10:59 PM)groo1322 Wrote: This part of the interview hit me .....

"There would be parts of the show where I remember feeling lost. I would be playing a part that required a lot of technique, I'm putting my heart into it and I was trying to figure out why people didn't seem to be noticing. Then I look to my left and the girls are doing these dance moves and to my right there is an explosion and fire and then a platform coming down.  I started having enough moments like that along with the feeling of how much energy I was expending that I realized it was time to go."

When we saw the show in Orlando I was watching the girls doing their dance during the ending of The Mountain and while I was watching them I realized that over to the right Al Pitrelli was just killing it. Everyone's attention was on this dance while Al was off to the side just playing his heart out. I get the feeling this is what Alex was talking about.

About 4 and a half minutes in .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z-J36JT...u.be&t=281
I, for one, do not watch the dancing. I'm usually in the first 5 rows so I am watching the band more. Even the lights and pyro are not paid much attention to, in part, because the full effect isn't there when you're close. It's there just enough to not be a distraction and focus on everyone else.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alex Skolnick talks Savatage, TSO in new interview - by Flyer - 01-04-2018, 10:24 AM