Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What song would you like to see TSO perform on their winter tour?
TSO, has so many great songs, but there are many they have recorded and have not played (that I know of) on tour. What song would you like to hear them perform live while you are there watching them? I know I would really like to see them do "Nut Rocker", and hopefully they'll put it in their set list one of these tours. Nut Rocker originally performed by ELP is so awesome with the organ, keys, lead guitars, bass and drums and it is one that I believe would be great as an opener. So to all those TSO fans, again, what is your requests for a TSO song or two you have never seen performed live?
They played Nutrocker on their 2009 tour. I've got a recording of the show from Ft Wayne that has them playing it.
Just bring back the drum solo and the keyboard duel and I'd be happy.
(01-10-2018, 07:49 AM)groo1322 Wrote: They played Nutrocker on their 2009 tour. I've got a recording of the show from Ft Wayne that has them playing it.

I have seen them every year since 2004 (a couple of years twice) and have not had the pleasure to see them perform that. Hopefully that will became a part of the show as a drum solo and the keyboard duel as well.
I'm good not hearing TSO doing their cover of Nutrocker. I also see The Wizards of Winter each year and they include it in their set, though theirs is a little closer to the ELP arrangement.

But to answer the original question, I'd like to hear "Tracers", "Mozart/Figaro" and/or "A Last Illusion" again. Not that it would happen, but I would like to see Kayla reduced to one song and "The Mountain" dropped to fit a couple of those in. Just my two cents.
(01-13-2018, 01:56 AM)danfromnj Wrote: Not that it would happen, but I would like to see Kayla reduced to one song

Blasphemer! LOL Instead of reducing her songs have her ballad be a duet with Zak on "Sleep". Bringing back "Tracers" would be awesome though.
(01-13-2018, 01:47 AM)JustTimTheBigTBone Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 07:49 AM)groo1322 Wrote: They played Nutrocker on their 2009 tour. I've got a recording of the show from Ft Wayne that has them playing it.

I have seen them every year since 2004 (a couple of years twice) and have not had the pleasure to see them perform that. Hopefully that will became a part of the show as a drum solo and the keyboard duel as well.

Seems odd since it was also done on the 2010 tour.
(01-13-2018, 02:57 AM)KISSAlien Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 01:47 AM)JustTimTheBigTBone Wrote:

Seems odd since it was also done on the 2010 tour.

Not in Raleigh, NC. They do not do the same set list every night. They change it up from venue to venue.
Oh SO "Tracers" and "Mozart and Memories". Those are such epic songs and the length of those two are perfect in concert. I love "Nutrocker" and was glad to see "Beethoven" come back this year, but my problems with songs like those is that they barely reach 3 minutes. They're really short. A longer one really shows off what the musicians can do and also gives us chance to really go crazy with the stage effects. If you're going to have all that stuff and the musicians on stage, give them a chance to shine together.
(01-13-2018, 01:56 AM)danfromnj Wrote: I'm good not hearing TSO doing their cover of Nutrocker. I also see The Wizards of Winter each year and they include it in their set, though theirs is a little closer to the ELP arrangement.

But to answer the original question, I'd like to hear "Tracers", "Mozart/Figaro"  and/or "A Last Illusion" again.  Not that it would happen, but I would like to see Kayla reduced to one song and "The Mountain" dropped to fit a couple of those in.  Just my two cents.

I really like TSO's version of NR, just my opinion but I like what they they have done with it. I agree with Tracers...awesome tune.