Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Wizards of Winter (with TSO alumni) - 2015 News & Tour Dates
I saw these guys in concert on their 2015 tour and they are great! It reminds me of what TSO must have been like their first few tours before they went overboard with the effects. Great musicians and singers. And songs! The ladies (I forget their names) who sang also play instruments in the band and the male singers - wow! Guy is every bit as good as Rob Evan - What a voice! And Vinny is crazy good with that classic operatic metal voice. And it was cool to see and hear Tony Gaynor do his thing narrating and singing. He looked like he was having so much fun. I really had a great time.

I saw TSO also as usual and enjoyed that, but the contrast between these two bands is large. A TSO show feels like an event - a major undertaking - a "show". The Wizards of Winter felt like a concert by a band. You can really tell the visions of the two groups are different. I enjoyed myself at each show, but for different reasons.

That's my long-winded way of saying: See the Wizards of Winter if they come near you. And pick up both of their Christmas albums! Great stuff.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Wizards of Winter (with TSO alumni) - Big News & Tour Dates! - by MikeNY - 01-12-2016, 01:55 AM